Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Good news FFP limits remain unchanged...

Four separate amendments achieved a majority but failed to secure the 75% majority required to increase limits for next season. Losses allowed after discounting for academy and depreciation go down from 8m this season to 6m next.
Clubs like Brighton have announced they will comply and sold a player for £3m last January. While only a few weeks ago Bournemouth announced they were campaigning to increase the limits.
Charlton will have no problem complying.
I can't do a link from my phone but just Google championship FFP to find articles in the guardian and sky

Comments

• Perhaps there should be a minimum FFP limit where clubs are forced to spend something on players. We might struggle though ;-)
  • http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/club-by-club-guide-championship-finances-2012-2013
    Lots of detail here. Immediate thoughts are nothing new to what we know already - finishing 9th was a major achievement, but wages as 101% of turnover meant. Some others clubs are bigger basket cases
  • http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/club-by-club-guide-championship-finances-2012-2013
    Lots of detail here. Immediate thoughts are nothing new to what we know already - finishing 9th was a major achievement, but wages as 101% of turnover meant. Some others clubs are bigger basket cases

Interesting figures, they show that generally the wage bill is a good predictor of where a club will finish in the division (Wolves being an enormous exception!).
    I'm surprised that Watford's wage bill is relatively low, is that because they weren't picking up the full wage costs of their loan players, as they actually showed a small profit for 2012/13
  • A low wage bill virtually guarantees a relegation fight but once wages go above £15m there is a weak correlation between wages and performance. Derby and Burnley have both had a great season and I don't think their wages are much higher than last time.
    If Duchatelet chose to go that route we could power up the table over time. I suspect we aren't going to see major expenditure this summer...but then again there will be clubs who need to raise cash before end June in order to comply with FFP.