Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My Grandparents lived in Delafield Road.....

.....remember the song?

But 16 years ago today, HAPPY MENDONCA DAY!

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Move on. (:
    Can't belive it was that long ago....I feel ancient now.
  • Options
    My grandparents lived in Delafield Road Right across from the Valley And when ever Charlton were playing at home The sound of the match would carry As I grew older I went to the ground And joined in with the singing I became one voice in a very big sound It’s so great now that we’re winning So when Saturday comes There’s no time for glums There’s no time for losers at all And when the Robins sing It’s a happening thing There’s no time to take your eye off the ball Down in the Valley One Two Three Four Five It’s in the net So say goodbye Down in the Valley where the Robins wait Drums keep beating As a new dawn breaks The team’s in the tunnel And emotions run high We’re back in the running Our dreams are alive Down in the Valley With the Mums and Dads Kids in the red shirts and the woollen hats The tribe is meeting in the covered stands This is the passion of the Charlton fans It’s another great reason why you’d want to be In south east London with the family At the end of the day We’re going to roll up our sleeves It’s a game of two halves If you know what we mean We are over the moon Or as sick as a pup And it looks like from here The only way is up
  • Options
    Glen Tilbrook is a talented chap but that song is truly terrible.

• Options
    "We’re going to roll up our sleeves. It’s a game of two halves, If you know what we mean. We are over the moon, or as sick as a pup. And it looks like from here, the only way is up"

.......................................................................Genius.
  • Options

My grandparents lived in Delafield Road Right across from the Valley And when ever Charlton were playing at home The sound of the match would carry As I grew older I went to the ground And joined in with the singing I became one voice in a very big sound It’s so great now that we’re winning So when Saturday comes There’s no time for glums There’s no time for losers at all And when the Robins sing It’s a happening thing There’s no time to take your eye off the ball Down in the Valley One Two Three Four Five It’s in the net So say goodbye Down in the Valley where the Robins wait Drums keep beating As a new dawn breaks The team’s in the tunnel And emotions run high We’re back in the running Our dreams are alive Down in the Valley With the Mums and Dads Kids in the red shirts and the woollen hats The tribe is meeting in the covered stands This is the passion of the Charlton fans It’s another great reason why you’d want to be In south east London with the family At the end of the day We’re going to roll up our sleeves It’s a game of two halves If you know what we mean We are over the moon Or as sick as a pup And it looks like from here The only way is up

You still have the cd too? Either that or excellent memory :-)
  • Options
    if anyone wants to put that song on their computer and email it to me, I would be truly grateful, cant find it anywhere
  • Options
    same here,can anyone leave a link here?
  • Options
    HandG said:

Glen Tilbrook is a talented chap but that song is truly terrible.

This
  • Options
    I used to live in Delafield Road too...
  • Options
    It's definitely on Spotify, have it on a Charlton playlist
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I Lived in Delafield Road as well.