Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THE RESULTS - Your Top Five.......Bands/Groups

2»

Comments

• Options
    I don't get Rap , in fact i hate it.

When it comes to bands it would be Pink Floyd. Never got them at all.
  • Options
    Strange, I've only seen one of the CL list live. I've seen 5 of the XFM list. Never really listened to XFM.
  • Options
    Michael Jackson. Leaves me totally cold, for all I can see he had great talent.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Stone Roses - second only to Coldplay as the most overrated band of all time (IMHO)

I think the first Roses album is packed full of great tracks. That's their high water mark, but it's a damn fine one.
  • Options

I don't get Rap , in fact i hate it.

When it comes to bands it would be Pink Floyd. Never got them at all.

I'm very much am with you on this point, however (a bit off topic), I am very fond of Dr. Dre's 2001 album (well a few tunes of there anyway), surprisingly good.

• Options

Oakster said:

Well I have seen 2 (Oasis/S Roses) & 1/2 (Joe Strummer solo playing Clash songs) - out of that CL list. Any advances in that.....

Oasis, Stones, Stone Roses, Who, Clash. Still kicking myself for not seeing The Jam for free in the summer of '76.
    From The Jam (Bruce Foxton/Russell Hastings) are playing at the Mick Jagger Centre this Friday. Obviously not the same without Weller but have seen them a couple of times and they put on a very good show.
  • Options

Oakster said:

Well I have seen 2 (Oasis/S Roses) & 1/2 (Joe Strummer solo playing Clash songs) - out of that CL list. Any advances in that.....

Oasis, Stones, Stone Roses, Who, Clash. Still kicking myself for not seeing The Jam for free in the summer of '76.
    From The Jam (Bruce Foxton/Russell Hastings) are playing at the Mick Jagger Centre this Friday. Obviously not the same without Weller but have seen them a couple of times and they put on a very good show.
    I saw them at The Dartford Festival last year. They are very good!
  • Options

Oakster said:

Seen 'From The Jam' a few times now and have always had a good night.
    Just noticed 9 Below Zero are playing At Stamford Bridge on the same night.
    Another excellent band.
  • Options
    Onlyme said:

Oakster said:

Seen 'From The Jam' a few times now and have always had a good night.
    Just noticed 9 Below Zero are playing At Stamford Bridge on the same night.
    Another excellent band.
    Seen NBZ a few times too. As you say, an excellent band. Still play quite a few local gigs.
  • Options
    Seen NBZ a few times too. As you say, an excellent band. Still play quite a few local gigs.

I used follow them in the early 80's, and played football against Dennis Graeves a couple of times.
    Saw them last year, still sound good. I was told that they were going to back up 'From the Jam' this year, I don't know if that happened but would be good to see.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oakster said:

Just got back, brilliant show.