Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dervite to Bolton (confirmed)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to see him go. Goodbye and Good Luck Dorian.
  • Options
    Saw him in a brand new flat cap at Battersea Dogs Home Whippet Enclosure last week, so not news for those itk.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    This is the first transfer that really worries me.
  • Options
    Sorry to see him go...rated him as someone who could help us climb the league. It would have sent a positive message to keep him. I expect Bolton are offering more than us. With FFP kicking in now they (and other clubs) will be shedding players this summer just as Brighton and Boro did last summer.
    If parliament step in and get rid of the football creditors rule (as threatened a year ago) then players (& agents) might think about the potential employer's credit worthiness ?
  • Options
    Not happy. Thanks to DD for his efforts over the last couple of seasons.
  • Options
    Perhaps Roland has sold him and Kermorgant because he dislikes the French. After all, he is Belgian so there's a strong chance!
  • Options
    Bothered face , face bothered

nope not me

What times the applause
  • Options
    Sad to see him go, but its been on the cards for a couple of Months since he met up with Freedman in London. However, I can see this being a busy team building summer and Im looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.
  • Options
    Would have liked to see him sign but not at any cost. Boltons finances are shot yet they persist in offering money they can't afford. The pigeons will come home to roost for them eventually.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was generally very poor during his time with us. Limited and at times a liability. Certainly not a Championship player. Then suddenly the last 3 months or so he suddenly looked a different player with some great performances. We'll see at Bolton whether he can keep these up.
  • Options

This is the first transfer that really worries me.

Its the third one that really worries me and the fourth and fifth will worry me even more.

• Options
    supaclive said:

Our best centre half. In April he was keen to stay. Now he's gone. Bad.

In all fairness when has a player ever told a local paper that he was going to refuse to stay. I thought those kind of press releases were to earn a player a pay rise and/or secure him a move elsewhere. I suspect that he would have stayed if we'd matched the offer from Bolton but it's not for nothing that that club is £160m+ in debt.

For what it's worth I would be reluctant to give a long term deal on decent money to a player that has looked average in a side that spent most of the season fighting relegation after he put in half a dozen good performances.

Good luck to him though. He might move for big money in two years and I might look silly for writing this, but at the moment I'm still not, personally, worried about any of the players that have left.
  • Options
    Personally sorry to see him go as he improved a great deal under Jose Riga I thought, but wish him well anyway