Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Delay for a deal cost Hamer stay

2»

Comments

• Options
    Leicester are now in The Prem so he would have gone anyway. I suppose he was decent enough but his inconsistency was frustrating. Hopefully this won't be a real issue for us.
  • Options
    We've had better all round goalkeepers in my fifty plus years of supporting Charlton but looking solely at consistent, accurate distribution I'm struggling to think of anyone better.

Good luck for the future Ben.
  • Options
    He was on 7k a week and is now on 16k a week. That's why he went.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

We've had better all round goalkeepers in my fifty plus years of supporting Charlton but looking solely at consistent, accurate distribution I'm struggling to think of anyone better.

Good luck for the future Ben.

I don't know Len, Dean Kiely consistently found the same ball boy on the halfway line.
  • Options

Don't blame anyone for pushing aside contracts, even if you're under contract your not safe under our current regime. Staff all the way through to players are being 'used' and will not be feeling safe at the club, they need security for themselves and their families. Can't imagine they feel it right now.

Stop it, I'm welling up.
  • Options
    Just remember Robbie Elliott - a 28 year old who has made 12 appearances in three years at Newcastle. What a waste.
  • Options
    Assuming RE was on similar money to Hamer and got a similar pay rise then he has earnt an extra 1.4m before tax for his 3yrs at Newcastle.

Whilst you would like to play every week at some point you think of your family and take the money
  • Options

Just remember Robbie Elliott - a 28 year old who has made 12 appearances in three years at Newcastle. What a waste.

Indeed, you wonder what will happen to Elliott at the end of his current deal at Newcastle - has he done enough to get kept on or find another decent club?

He has made some nice dough - and good luck to him - but being out of sight is not good for players' careers, just look at Scott Sinclair.
  • Options
    Look at Richard Wright.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    LenGlover said:

This just confuses me. Am I the only one that saw him kick the ball out of play time after time after time after time? Yes, he would occasionally release the ball quickly and find Wiggins or someone making a run but that was once in a blue moon. The rest of the time he'd aim straight for the opposition dugout. I suppose I'd have to agree that he did generally hit it, which I guess is consistent and accurate!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

Look at Richard Wright.

OK then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysza-wsuzfc