Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jose Riga's son: "He was in love with this club, believe me"

2»

Comments

• Options
    Would work wonders at a League One club with some young talent and a good pitch to play on from what we've seen, Duchatalet may be using one or two people too many here.
  • Options

I can't help but think if Riga was still our manager, Poyet would've signed a new contract by now

I'm utterly convinced at that.

I tend to agree, but if that were the case, I cannot understand why RD would risk throwing away millions on a transfer fee for Poyet, by not retaining Riga even if only for this coming season.
  • Options

I can't help but think if Riga was still our manager, Poyet would've signed a new contract by now

I'm utterly convinced at that.

I tend to agree, but if that were the case, I cannot understand why RD would risk throwing away millions on a transfer fee for Poyet, by not retaining Riga even if only for this coming season.
    I suspect - but I am only speculating, not having met the guy - that its because RD's ultra-rational mathematician's brain simply cannot imagine such a qualitative issue would affect Poyet's decision.
  • Options
    RD has plans to put the important rolls at the club in people he trusts for his plans with the network (and therefore the club), this doesn't include side-effects like sacking a fans/player favourite new manager causing a disruption amongst players, and new players refusing to sign due to lack of knowledge about what they're stepping into. He's a clever business man but not a clue how to run a single football club, his plans lay in the network 'for the greater good' and lots of these mini problems such as players not being played around with - after all they have a profession to keep up with, they want it as secure as possible - he hasn't and can't account for.

Would not blame Poyet one ounce if he goes elsewhere.
  • Options

RD has plans to put the important rolls at the club in people he trusts for his plans with the network (and therefore the club), this doesn't include side-effects like sacking a fans/player favourite new manager causing a disruption amongst players, and new players refusing to sign due to lack of knowledge about what they're stepping into. He's a clever business man but not a clue how to run a single football club, his plans lay in the network 'for the greater good' and lots of these mini problems such as players not being played around with - after all they have a profession to keep up with, they want it as secure as possible - he hasn't and can't account for.

Important rolls.
    much roll. So bake. wow. very wheat
  • Options

Important rolls.
    Would those be the ones with ham, cheese AND pickle in? As opposed to just ham and cheese or cheese and pickle?

• Options
    Look at them baps. Mmmmm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2014

Of course his plan might work if all the other clubs played to the same rules. Maybe they will all decide to do so. When shall I start holding my breath. What I am seeing proves people wrong who say Millionaires can't be fools!

Tbh - Morro might have stayed but Poyet probably wouldn't. I think being the son of a footballer, he has been schooled into being a great player but also a mercenary!
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Problem is no one still in the club are going to publicly state anything negative whilst they are still employed. The only such information is going to come from those that have left. That then allows those who choose not to believe anything negative to say it's just soar grapes.

We've got practising journalists on CL and Riga seems like an amenable chap - he might be willing to talk. Perhaps Airman could interview him for VOTV?

• Options

DRAddick said:

Problem is no one still in the club are going to publicly state anything negative whilst they are still employed. The only such information is going to come from those that have left. That then allows those who choose not to believe anything negative to say it's just soar grapes.

We've got practising journalists on CL and Riga seems like an amenable chap - he might be willing to talk. Perhaps Airman could interview him for VOTV?

Just for an unbiased report ? LOL
  • Options
    PL54 said:

DRAddick said:

As Oscar Wilde said: "What's the use of an unbiased opinion?"

• Options

Roland can speak Flemish (Dutch), as well as French, English and Spanish.

I don't think Flemish is Dutch.
  • Options

PL54 said:

DRAddick said:

Didn't he spend a fair amount of time in prison and eventually die of syphilis ?
  • Options

I can't keep up . . . is the assumption that I am biased for or against Riga at this point?

Whatever your "bias", PL54 will be against it....

• Options
    PL54 said:

Lots of "I suspect" type comments which translate into "I don't know but like to hear the sound of my own keyboard".

Whereas we hang on your every word eh...

It's a discussion forum at a time when we are a little bit short on "facts", therefore a lot of people are speculating. Hardly crime of the century is it?
  • Options
    Please don't hang on to my every word
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    waldo said:

Roland can speak Flemish (Dutch), as well as French, English and Spanish.

I don't think Flemish is Dutch.
    it is a dialect of Dutch. I was in antwerp earlier this month, chatted to some of the locals and flemish is to dutch what American english is to British English and French Canadian to French. There are slight differences but the two can easily have a conversation and understand each other.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

DRAddick said:

Didn't he spend a fair amount of time in prison and eventually die of syphilis ?
    Who, Viewfinder? We get them all at Charlton don't we?!
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Please don't hang on to my every word

Ok... But when is your next post?

• Options
    Well my app that scans CL for specific words every 24hrs has just sent me an email...

"baps"

Bollox thought it was a "WouldYa" or "Whose Rack"