Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charltonlife advice needed

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
I need a pair of boots for the big day, I have borrowed a pair from my son but would prefer to buy a new pair to wear only the once. I stuck my head in that shop down by Asda at Charlton only to be even more confused by a selection of thousands. ME; oi mate, I wanna pair of boots. Assistant; what make? ME; football ones!!
Assistant; no mate, Addidas, Puma, Nike ..........................................
ME; got any continentals, my last pair were dead comfortable, Assistant; no mate, Me; Nike, I fancy myself as a Terry Henry, Assistant; you look like that thomas Graveson, Assistant; what colour do ya want? ME; colour!!! Assistant; we got red, yellow, blue, green, silver, gold..............................ME; got any black?
Assistant; black!!! christ I`ll have to look in the stock room, ME; dont worry mate, I`ll have red!! size 9. Assistant; what studs do you want? there are long, short, moulded, blades................ME; what sort of stud! Assistant; yes mate, depends on the surface, where your son is playing. ME; oi their for me. Assistant; so where you playing? ME; The Valley. Assistant; yeah, righto mate!!!!! (and toerag walked off). so I`m looking for some advice on what sort of boots are required for the big day, or shall I wear the continentals : )

Comments

• Options
    Joma surely:-)
  • Options
    i've got silver adidas boots and am preparing to be kicked up in the air...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Joma surely:-)

Len, do you know any reliable stockist of these boots ; )
  • Options
    i think you should seek out borrowing a pair for the day and donating the £100 that boots now probably cost to demelza;-)
  • Options
    decent selection in the Charlton shop in Bexleyheath Broadway i believe.
  • Options
    You will never go wrong with a pair of Puma Kings
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Agree with Carter, but also Adidas copa mundials. Make sure you get rubber studs mate, on my previuos games at The Valley the pitch is very hard. What size are you? Do you really want to pay £50-£60 to play one game?

I'm sure I could get you a pair from one of my players in your size
  • Options
    North Stand Steve owns a a Sports Shop, I'm sure he will be able to assist.
  • Options
    Sports Scene in Welling are having a big clear-out at the moment in readiness for all of the new boot styles that are being released in the next couple of months. You just might pick up a bargain
  • Options
    I am in the same boat and am looking to borrow pair, but if that falls through there was loads on ebay for very little.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Try to get Black boots if you can,otherwise you make yourself a target for ridicule. I agree with Hillsy that Adidas Copa Mondials (Moulded studs) are probably the most comfortable boots I have ever worn so If you can borrow a pair of these from somewhere you have done well. Think they are only about £50-£60 to buy these days.
  • Options
    If you need boots let me know the size and I'll get someborrow from the lads in my football team.

For the record I have had the same Adidas boots for the last 5 years, they fit like slippers and last for ages if you look after them. I agree with Ketman on the colour thing. I tend to kick people harder with white or fancy coloured boots on....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Hillsy's Up[/cite]If you need boots let me know the size and I'll get someborrow from the lads in my football team.

For the record I have had the same Adidas boots for the last 5 years, they fit like slippers and last for ages if you look after them. I agree with Ketman on the colour thing. I tend to kick people harder with white or fancy coloured boots on....

Yep mate, I've got Copa Mondials (moulds) and World Cups (studs) and have had both pairs for ages......definately go for black as well, I to tend to target people with coloured boots on !!!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Hillsy's Up[/cite]If you need boots let me know the size and I'll get someborrow from the lads in my football team.

Yep mate, I've got Copa Mondials (moulds) and World Cups (studs) and have had both pairs for ages......definately go for black as well, I to tend to target people with coloured boots on !!!

I`m nearly 50 for f**ks sake, kick me and I`ll tell your parents ; ) had my 4th small sided game last night, things are improving slowly, some guy in our side decided to ask the team sharing the place for a game, they were all under 26!!!! have surprised myself how much I`m enjoying it. Gents do you fancy your chances if I dye my continentals RED!!!! : )

• Options
    I will be wearing RED boots. I quite like coloured boots. i think they look cool. Plus no one will be able to catch me to kick me up in the air ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]I will be wearing RED boots. I quite like coloured boots. i think they look cool. Plus no one will be able to catch me to kick me up in the air ;-)

They'll catch me alright......I'm sticking with black.
    I'll be invisible like Matt Holland.
  • Options
    Watch out then lad's Ketman and I better not be on the same side....LOL