Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zheng signing a must

Just got back from takin Northstandjoe,northstandnancy and northstandlola to the club shop to get Benty's and ZZ autographs.There were loads of Chinese in the queue,this could be such a lucrative signing we must ensure it happens.Not only financially but also as he is a very good player.Kids loved it as did Dad nice to talk to Benty not that fluent in Chinese so ZZ conversation amounted to a shake of the hand and a hello.God I love my football club please,please,please,please let us stay up.

Comments

• Options
    What did Benty have to say for himself?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]What did Benty have to say for himself?

"get out the way ollie and let someone else have a turn" ?
  • Options
    Not too much queue was long,but thanked him for puttin it in,for which he genuinley seemed grateful.He signed all three kids shirts and photo's spent £15 quid on photo's the geezer is top class and zz is.I'm so nervous just want the season to finish.
  • Options
    I agree we must sign him. I have been mightily impressed by him, not just his technical skill but his drive and determination. The Chinese "spin off" benefit could be massive.
  • Options
    I started a discussion about ZZ's spin off value about a week ago, no-one seemed to care. Look at the OS player of the month comp for march. 34,000 votes cast and 94% in favour of ZZ. I am sure the Chinese fans played a large part in that. If we can get a foothold in the chinese market it could seriously increase our revenue. We should be able to see by the amount of red card applications next year.
  • Options
    On Monday, Song had a red card application turned down by Graham Poll.........

Seriously, there's a billion plus Chinese in the World and many are tuning into Premier League football.
    We should certainly seize our chance - after all, we do the have their Captain and goal scoring machine.

Now, how many Pouso shirts did we sell?
  • Options
    Like all this summers Transfers at Charlton this one will be decided once our fate is known. We stay up it's a done deal, we do not then it may well be in the balance or indeed will probably not happen.
  • Options
    Wasn't it said last week that he has to go back to his club for some tournament and a decision will be made after then. Think it was also said that we will only sign him if we stay up.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Personal view - I think we have tried to get this done now, but have failed to get it tied down. I think Pards and the club are keen to get ZZ signed long-term, and have tried recently, but i think he may want to wait until we have stayed up.