Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lampard agrees MLS move. Trending now on Twitter.

2»

Comments

• Options

Im sure i read an article that mentioned the MLS being ranked as the 7th best league in the world based on a variety of factors but that may be my memory playing tricks on me?

I just hope they don't scrap the wage system, to try attract more stars.

If they want the league to grow and attract bigger stars then i guess they'll eventually end up going down the NBA route whereby teams have to pay a 'luxury tax' for exceeding the wage cap. Last season Brooklyn Nets had to pay about $75m extra for going over the cap. Most teams do stay within the limit though.
  • Options

DanDavis said:

I've been here 3 years and the amount of exposure football gets now as increased even in that short time. EVERY Premier League game was televised here this season.

More importantly Soccer has overtaken Baseball in the vital 18-25 market in terms of interest.

And attendances at games for MLS last year was on average higher than the NBA.....times are (slowly) a changing.

It might take more than attendances for the MLS to grow.
    Greyhound racing is the second best attended sport in England.
    That is an incredible fact....I never knew that! Mind you there must be about 1500 meetings a year no??!!

• Options
    Does the MLS get shown in the UK at all?

As i have been interested in checking it out the last couple of years, although that interest would change if they did end up like the rest of football where the richest owner or club with the longest history of screwing the system dominates.
  • Options

Dont no how reliable Taylor Twellman is but he is verified this is what Oakster was talking about

Taylor Twellman ✔
    @TaylorTwellman
    Follow
    .@TimbersFC have a $2M+ a year offer on table for Lescott. Would be highest paid defensive DP in @MLS. Weighing offers in EPL too. #MLS

$2m a year thats a lot for him
    but would mean Villa, Lampard and Lescott in America next season, MLS starting to look good

$2m a year is £1,194,029.85 a year at current rate 1.6750 = £ 22,962.11 a week so presumably quite a big drop in his wages compared to here. Plus if he went to another english team would get much higher wages and a signing on fee.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Dont no how reliable Taylor Twellman is but he is verified this is what Oakster was talking about

Taylor Twellman ✔
    @TaylorTwellman
    Follow
    .@TimbersFC have a $2M+ a year offer on table for Lescott. Would be highest paid defensive DP in @MLS. Weighing offers in EPL too. #MLS

$2m a year thats a lot for him
    but would mean Villa, Lampard and Lescott in America next season, MLS starting to look good

$2m a year is £1,194,029.85 a year at current rate 1.6750 = £ 22,962.11 a week so presumably quite a big drop in his wages compared to here. Plus if he went to another english team would get much higher wages and a signing on fee.
    Dunno not to sure if a Injury prone 32 year old with no Prem experience would get much more than 92k a month
  • Options
    QPR would pay him 75k a week and a 2m signing on fee !!!
  • Options
    So New York City will have Villa and Lampard
    another new team in the MLS Orlando City will have Kaka
  • Options
    Wonder if Lamport will bottle as many tackles as he did for England against Costa Rica
  • Options
    Lampard
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Former Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has signed for New York City FC, the Major League Soccer franchise has announced.
  • Options

Wonder if Lamport will bottle as many tackles as he did for England against Costa Rica

Oh look, another England dig. I'm sure New York City are a bit more interested in the 170 Premier League goals he scored from midfield...

Does this mean he can technically move to Manchester City on loan at any time as they own him?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    watched his interview on Sky.

thought he spoke very well.

at his age and after all he has achieved from a club standpoint, what a great move for him and his family.

exactly how I'd like to retire.
  • Options
    Its the 'Trending now on Twitter' bit that worries me - almost as if the whole world should know what you're on about !
  • Options
    Frank Lampard has been backed in to odds-on to join Manchester City on loan this summer in Sky Bet's Transfer Specials. Lampard signed for New York City FC, who are co-owned by City, to be part of their first campaign as a MLS outfit next season after leaving Chelsea.

think it was always going to happen as soon as he moved to New York City I thought, he will end up at Man City until the start of the MLS season
  • Options

Frank Lampard has been backed in to odds-on to join Manchester City on loan this summer in Sky Bet's Transfer Specials. Lampard signed for New York City FC, who are co-owned by City, to be part of their first campaign as a MLS outfit next season after leaving Chelsea.

think it was always going to happen as soon as he moved to New York City I thought, he will end up at Man City until the start of the MLS season

What you mean it is not Lampard who is supposed to be at Sparrows Lane today.
  • Options
    So much for not playing for any other English club...
  • Options
    Will he start kissing their badge now .
  • Options
    to be fair, Chelsea did not offer him a contract so surely free to play for whoever he wants.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seeing as Man City own the New York City franchise I can't see that being a problem.