Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup 2014 - To decorate the house with flags or not?

For previous football tournaments involving England I've always decorated the house with a flag or two. The family has grown and flown the nest but I still like to dress the house.

Is this getting a bit 'last century'?

I still feel like showing support. Do any other lifers still do this?

Comments

• Options
    If I had my own house, I would
  • Options
    Flags out of front and back bedroom windows for me.

100% support ;-)
  • Options
    I bought one of those flag pole. I will be flying my st georges flag loud and proud, also at night i have a spotlight that digs in the ground and faces up so I light it up....

Oh and if you can't afford a flag pole. Get an extendable decorators pole....works the same!

The ladies love it...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thought this was a cry for help from a poor soul trapped under a very large thumb whilst a hen pecks away at his lifeless body.
    Glad to see that's not the case.

Wickes are doing a great deal on red and white masonry paint. Surprise the wife when she comes back from the shops.
  • Options
    Just asked the Missus about hanging a couple of flags out the front. I might be showing my support some other way ;-)
  • Options
    England, Spain and Italy flags on mine. That always causes a bit of confusion for the neighbours :)
  • Options
    Flag up in the window, already starting to see some pop up on the house round me
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I got my England flag across the front of my house. Written across it is '100% support for England, minus Gerrard'.
  • Options
    I would have a flag up but considering I live in a cul de sac that is never busy I see it sort of pointless, best bit of decoration I see every world cup/euro's is a guy by me who paints the england flag onto his garage door that's better than a flag!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014
    UKIP Flag still hanging out of my window 100% support, seriously though i will put one up if we get to the final.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ="Quote" rel="MSE7">I bought one of those flag pole. I will be flying my st georges flag loud and proud, also at night i have a spotlight that digs in the ground and faces up so I light it up....

Oh and if you can't afford a flag pole. Get an extendable decorators pole....works the same!

The ladies love it...

Your garden sounds quite Polish

• Options
    yep - I'll have a flag out
  • Options
    My house is painted white so most of the flag is in place already.
    When we reach the semis I'll rap some red cloth round it and dangle a bit from the gutter.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

• Options
    My palace supporting neighbour has just said that he's going to be putting up his palace/England flag.

That's it. Going all out. Flags on all windows!
  • Options
    No choice here, my nippers whack em up - like it
  • Options

My house is painted white so most of the flag is in place already.
    When we reach the semis I'll rap some red cloth round it and dangle a bit from the gutter.

Like this one then?

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1284418/Sorry-Mum-Children-paint-home-giant-England-flag-parents-holiday.html
  • Options
    Nah, well pikey innit,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Usually done by people who didn't give a flying one during qualifying and probably couldn't name our qualifying group and then won't give a monkeys when qualifying starts in Sept.

Or better the people who question why you bother folliwing England around the World then are 100% support come a tournament.

Those who really care will be in Brazil, or sulking that they're not in Brazil.......like me.

Yes...... I've just got out of a 3hr ACCA exam and I'm grumpy.
  • Options
    I think my advice would be to consider how quickly you can get the flags down. If we are losing 3-0 to Costa Rica with 15 minutes to play and facing elimination, you are probably OK if you can get them down before the game ends.
  • Options
    Yep decorate the whole front

Bunting , flags , that NSS made with the kids names on

Flag on a pole the full works
  • Options
    Flags on the front of a house are far too tacky....

You can't beat having them front and back.
  • Options
    Deffo flags on the house and the motor
  • Options
    Don't get to carried away

• Options
    I know I will get shot down for this. But I just think it is a bit Chavtastic.
  • Options
    Do you think they're showing the England games?
  • Options
    My parents fly a flag all year. I can't be bothered with it myself.
  • Options

Usually done by people who didn't give a flying one during qualifying and probably couldn't name our qualifying group and then won't give a monkeys when qualifying starts in Sept.

Or better the people who question why you bother folliwing England around the World then are 100% support come a tournament.

Those who really care will be in Brazil, or sulking that they're not in Brazil.......like me.

Yes...... I've just got out of a 3hr ACCA exam and I'm grumpy.

Hopefully the exams will be done by the time it all starts?