Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Northeast c Foakes b S Curran 6

Currently 66-5
  • Rossouw lbw b Dunn 4

Currently 81-6
  • 211 not looking to shabby now
  • Dawson c Foakes b Dernbach 6

143-7 at lunch
  • Surrey wrapped up the Hampshire innings fairly quickly:

Abbott b S Curran 23
    Wheal lbw b S Curran 0
    Amla lbw b Clarke 55

Hampshire all out for 147
  • Burns c McManus b Abbott 10

Currently 35-1, leading by 99
  • Stoneman b Abbott 24

41-2
  • Elgar lbw b Wood 20

Currently 86-3, leading by 150
  • Borthwick was the last wicket to fall today, trapped lbw by Abbott for 74.

Foakes brought up his half century, and Pope is on 30 at the close.

217-4, leading by 281
  • Thanks for the updates all. Particularly Epsom.

We are in a commanding position here although it could be a case of the pitch getting better as the game goes on. I would have taken a lead of 281 of offered to me this morning. Got to keep pushing on. Get to 320 ahead then just have fun. Give us plenty of time to bowl them out.

Seems like the pitch has been nothing like what we usually see at the oval. Frankly that's a good thing. I'm fed up of us playing for draws on an absolute road. I'd rather we lost a few trying to win.

Batting has the potential to go well this year. Think bowling will be fine especially with TC and Morkel still to come back.

Sam Curran and Clarke are both batting a place too high. Sam isn't consistent enough yet to get a go at 7. Both of them played horrendous shots in the first innings when we were desperate for another 50+ partnership. Dernbach is about 8 places too high at 9.
  • Sponsored links:

• Foakes and Pope really motoring now. Both in the high 70s. Lead of over 360.

I think we should keep powering on for another 20 or so overs and then give us enough time to bowl them out.
  • Annoyingly Foakes got out for 81. Really wanted hi. To get his hundred. Sam Curran in with Popey now who is not out for 82.

308-5

372 ahead.
  • Five or so more overs for Pope either to get a ton or get out then declare immediately.
  • S Curran lbw b Dawson 13

337-6, lead is now over 400
  • Pope got his hundred before lunch of o think 128 balls and with 14 4s. Good innings. Good lead now. Commentators seemed sure we would bat after lunch. I would declare.
  • My guess is that we will bat on until we have a lead of 450. Hants would have around 150 left overs to get the runs.
  • Clarke c Dawson b Edwards 7

Currently 371-7, leading by 435
  • Dernbach c McManus b Edwards 8

379-8
  • Pope c Rossouw b Dawson 145

407-9, and we've declared.

Hampshire set 472 to win.
  • 29-0 at tea

Pitch looks like it's getting easier for batting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Adams c Stoneman b Clarke 21

29-1
  • McManus b Dunn 4

29-2

Maybe scrap what I wrote two posts ago...
  • Amla lbw b Virdi 21

83-3

Big breakthrough!
  • He's at it again!

Vince lbw b Virdi 33

84-4
  • Watching a bit of Virdi now. Very impressed. He gives it an almighty rip and he's very short and rotund. We need more international cricketers with Herath-esque statures
  • Leuth said:

Watching a bit of Virdi now. Very impressed. He gives it an almighty rip and he's very short and rotund. We need more international cricketers with Herath-esque statures

I agree.
    Skinny or slim is so last year
  • Much as I dislike Surrey, I’m impressed with the number of good young home grown players you have in your team at the moment.
  • Much as I dislike Surrey, I’m impressed with the number of good young home grown players you have in your team at the moment.

That's because just like Charlton we are proper south London:)
  • Off for bad light

Hampshire 109-4
  • Off for bad light

Hampshire 109-4

We win tomorrow wheather permitting