Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wednesday set sights on promotion to PL.

Comments

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Promotion? Not with that team.

2pts from 33 & no goals in 7 hours, and we flummoxed them by playing a simple 4-4-2 Diamond system.

The coach looked like a "rabbit caught in headlights". Why didn't he adjust or change his system when it was clear it wasn't working? another "one-trick pony" continental coach, who has under-estimated the Championship. We've had enough of those at our place. They soon get worked out by opponents in this league.

When they had the ball, they went backwards and sideways when pressed and lost the ball too easily. Tippy Tappy football in triangles with no end product and they were caught upfield on the wrong-side when they lost the ball time after time. The Back Four struggled all afternoon against direct counter-attacks. Their next opponents had the game-plan to follow laid out in front of them.

Their players should stump up the travel costs for the 3000 who turned up after that embarrassing performance. Mind you, I haven't seen such a quiet away support with a full end. They stood quiet for long spells almost shell-shocked at what they were seeing. I think the Dee-Dahs thought they only had to turn up for the three points.

That was a massive off day as was mkd Tuesday night, we are a team still finding our feet we've had a lot of new players come in and although we are a much better side then last season we aren't quite ready for a serious challenge this season imo however the signs are there for all to see and we are optimistic.

Your write up based on a one off day match is a bit shortsighted if I'm honest though, we are fantastic at home but aren't that good on our travels once we can master our away form then who knows its still early days we ate just 1 point behind 6th place.

We tore wolves to bits on sunday and had it been 7 it wouldn't have looked unjust.

All the best for Christmas and look forward to seeing you all at hillsborough.
  • Options
    The delusions of grandeur continue
  • Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

2pts from 33 & no goals in 7 hours, and we flummoxed them by playing a simple 4-4-2 Diamond system.

The coach looked like a "rabbit caught in headlights". Why didn't he adjust or change his system when it was clear it wasn't working? another "one-trick pony" continental coach, who has under-estimated the Championship. We've had enough of those at our place. They soon get worked out by opponents in this league.

When they had the ball, they went backwards and sideways when pressed and lost the ball too easily. Tippy Tappy football in triangles with no end product and they were caught upfield on the wrong-side when they lost the ball time after time. The Back Four struggled all afternoon against direct counter-attacks. Their next opponents had the game-plan to follow laid out in front of them.

Their players should stump up the travel costs for the 3000 who turned up after that embarrassing performance. Mind you, I haven't seen such a quiet away support with a full end. They stood quiet for long spells almost shell-shocked at what they were seeing. I think the Dee-Dahs thought they only had to turn up for the three points.

That was a massive off day as was mkd Tuesday night, we are a team still finding our feet we've had a lot of new players come in and although we are a much better side then last season we aren't quite ready for a serious challenge this season imo however the signs are there for all to see and we are optimistic.

Your write up based on a one off day match is a bit shortsighted if I'm honest though, we are fantastic at home but aren't that good on our travels once we can master our away form then who knows its still early days we ate just 1 point behind 6th place.

We tore wolves to bits on sunday and had it been 7 it wouldn't have looked unjust.

The way things are going , i don't think we'll even make it to the Valley. let alone Hillsborough.
  • Options
    Why ?
    The table never lies.
    We've been in and around the play offs all season.
    If we can finish in the top six anything can happen .
  • Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

The way things are going , i don't think we'll even make it to the Valley. let alone Hillsborough.
    Is it really that bad down there ?
  • Options

Why ?
    The table never lies.

Look. Even we gave you a good hiding. That tells me everything I need to know about Wednesday's promotion aspirations.
    We were shocking that day granted but sitting just a point outside the play offs is better then we expected.

We have a team full of new players Rome wasn't built in a day.
  • Options

Why ?
    The table never lies.

Look. Even we gave you a good hiding. That tells me everything I need to know about Wednesday's promotion aspirations.
    We were shocking that day granted but sitting just a point outside the play offs is better then we expected.

We have a team full of new players Rome wasn't built in a day.
    Sheffield certainly looks like it ;9)

• Options
    IAIA
    edited December 2015

Tutt-Tutt said:

42 days since Tutt-Tutt's post.

I wonder what took you so long to respond, and then go to search out this thread to give your opinions.

Couldn't be the Wendies' middling form over the time since that match, could it?

6 points for the 5 games between Charlton and Wolves

Pure coincidence that you would only be able to post immediately after a big win.
  • Options
    You have a good representative of charlton fans in Sheffield I think they would disagree with you on that one shoots.
    That said they can pop to hillsbro anytime to watch some quality football ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You have a good representative of charlton fans in Sheffield I think they would disagree with you on that one shoots.
    That said they can pop to hillsbro anytime to watch some quality football ;-)

Sheffield is an ok place. As for Hillsborough. I'm not sure it's fans that need dropping onto it.
  • Options
    IA said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

I wonder what took you so long to respond, and then go to search out this thread to give your opinions.

Couldn't be the Wendies' middling form over the time since that match, could it?

Pure coincidence that you would only be able to post immediately after a big win.
    I've posted straight after defeat to you guys in the past so that remark holds no water .

I've been busy this year so my time has been precious I hope you haven't missed me too much love xx.

Ps can't u have a better name then ia ? Is your name Ian and you forgot the n ?
  • Options

IA said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

I've posted straight after defeat to you guys in the past so that remark holds no water .

I've been busy this year so my time has been precious I hope you haven't missed me too much love xx.

Ps can't u have a better name then ia ? Is your name Ian and you forgot the n ?
    So glad you've freed up some time to share immediately after a big win. Pure coincidence that it's only after wins.

Obviously, fewer away fans on here over the weekend as Millwall got hammered at home.

You've done different jokes about my username before. They were shit too. Try harder.
  • Options
    Look ....I know deep down you guys (and girls) would love to see wednesday back in the top flight over the likes of the Ipswichs, Cardiffs, and Birminghams of this world ...so come on root for us !.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Look ....I know deep down you guys (and girls) would love to see wednesday back in the top flight over the likes of the Ipswichs, Cardiffs, and Birminghams of this world ...so come on root for us !.

Personally have no gripe with Wednesday. Lovely ground, good history. But its just you have a high % of your fans who think you should be in the premiership just because of your fan base. Its no coincidence that most fans prefer Sheffield united as a fan base to Sheff Wed.

Same with Leeds, Newcastle and to some extent wolves. Always banging on about away support. Size of ground etc.

Edit. Just to add, I like OP and his contributions.
  • Options
    I won't be going to Hillsboro to watch us at that price. Let alone watch your. when I get my 2 free tickets they'll go to the father in law as usual.as for your promotion push I think your in with a chance but I think your still a bit short. I see today in sun your willing to pay £50k a week for Adebayor. Think you be better using that money more wisely and get a few players in. Think midfield play maker needed most for you. Then another CB and Striker.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Personally have no gripe with Wednesday. Lovely ground, good history. But its just you have a high % of your fans who think you should be in the premiership just because of your fan base. Its no coincidence that most fans prefer Sheffield united as a fan base to Sheff Wed.

Same with Leeds, Newcastle and to some extent wolves. Always banging on about away support. Size of ground etc.

Edit. Just to add, I like OP and his contributions.
    I have no problem at all with Sheffield Wednesday.

Don't think it's fair to lump Leeds and Wolves in with them - not as deluded, in my recent experience.
  • Options
    Just when I'm starting to that think we're the biggest joke in English football, this thread pops up to remind me we're not even close.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Just when I'm starting to that think we're the biggest joke in English football, this thread pops up to remind me we're not even close.

Oh, but we are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I won't be going to Hillsboro to watch us at that price. Let alone watch your. when I get my 2 free tickets they'll go to the father in law as usual.as for your promotion push I think your in with a chance but I think your still a bit short. I see today in sun your willing to pay £50k a week for Adebayor. Think you be better using that money more wisely and get a few players in. Think midfield play maker needed most for you. Then another CB and Striker.

Midfield playmaker ?

Bannan and Hutchinson have been outstanding for us this season, agree about cb though as we have quite a few injuries at the moment and we are short here.

• Options
    I don't think we've got any grounds at the moment to lambast anyone. We are shite, continue to be shite and probably will stay shite until you know who goes. I tell you what, I'd rather be a Wednesday fan at the moment than deal with the shite that is happening down our way. (not that I'm becoming a Wednesday fan, but you know what I mean).
  • Options
    Think Hutchinson bit of a liability always getting booked or sent off I thought Bannan was more of a wide midfielder than a centre mid. Lee is your play maker isn't he not seen a lot of him to judge him properly. Only highlights on channel 5 but think you need to improve this area when you struggle to open up defences. Isn't bannan only on loan.
  • Options
    No bannan just signed a 4 yr deal last week, he was outstanding again today .

29k at hillsborough today watching wednesday batter Birmingham, 3-0 was kind on them.

Forestieri is proving to be a bargain at 3m
  • Options
    edited December 2015

29k at hillsborough today watching wednesday batter Birmingham, 3-0 was kind on them.

:wink:
  • Options

That's really good to know.

• Options
    Where's Sheffield?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Somewhere around Leeds and Newcastle apparently. You know, those actual big clubs??
  • Options

Oh do fuck off. If I want to see threads about Wednesday I will go on Owlstalk. Why do you think anyone here is interested?
  • Options
    That Birmingham kit looked awful.