Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

'An Evening with Peter Doherty and friends'

Went to the Hackney Empire last night.

His friends were 2 'rappers' and Bert Jansch, an very good folk singer from the 60's.

Christ he's rubbish. He came on stage at 7.45 and was still droning on at 10.10, so I made my excuses and left. Was like listening to a drowning cat at times.

A Tube busker is better, without the drug problem and away with the fairies girlfriend.

Comments

• Options
    He is terrible, saw him at a festival in Barcelona last summer and he was clearly off his head. He's also doing the Camden Crawl in an oh-so-secret show.

Sad how people fawn over him so much, really.
  • Options
    I do not know a single one of his songs, so he cannot be that great.
  • Options
    hopefully he will disappear. saw a picture of him today
    what a scabby faced yellow fingered moron.
  • Options
    now there is a bloke at the very top of 'my list' of disliked celebs !!
  • Options
    I may be a bit old for his target audience but I like a lot of younger music, however as far as I can see the bloke has absolutely no talent. My nephew who is 16 thinks he is a god! Just another Sid Vicious basically - a talentless, anti-establishment, anti-hero waster.
  • Options
    People were cheering him on like you do to a drunk Grandad dancing at a Wedding.

Very odd.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]He is terrible, saw him at a festival in Barcelona last summer and he was clearly off his head. He's also doing the Camden Crawl in an oh-so-secret show.

Sad how people fawn over him so much, really.

Yeah, if he tries to ruin my Friday night by showing his face in any of the Camden bars I drink in I will be mighty pissed off.

The guy's a joke, he's a mess, his music is worse than terrible, I've got an invite for tonight, I'd honestly rather go get run over by a bus.
  • Options
    its sad really, as he's an intelligent, talented bloke that has absolutely no willpower or clue on what to do.

the libertines were a great band, but along with it brought disaster for pete who has no self control. all the time he has kate moss, his fans, and people talking about him and cheering for him, he's never going to sort himself out.

i didnt see it, but when he went through a 'clean' period he was on jonathan ross and came across very well.

don't like any of his new stuff as he just sounds wasted all the time. can't see him ever pulling himself out of it. can see kate moss becoming a widow in the not too distant future. if they do manage to get married without him fecking that up as well by being wasted.
  • Options
    Got to admit thought his libertines stuff was excellent, and like some of his more recent but not to such an extent.

The guy is obviously talented but like so many will not got on to fullfill as he has taken the wrong path
  • Options
    RocknRoll genius in disguise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw him supporting Kasabian in Hyde Park a couple of years ago and he was wasted.

As Suz says, the man has talent but until he gets off the brown stuff he will remain a liability.
  • Options
    The first libertines album was genius, absolutely brilliant but the stuff with Babyshambles is awful. Most definately a wasted talent. I can't see a way out for him though, i think he'll end up killing himself.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimbrannin[/cite]The first libertines album was genius, absolutely brilliant but the stuff with Babyshambles is awful. Most definately a wasted talent. I can't see a way out for him though, i think he'll end up killing himself.

Agreed - Libertines were absolutely superb. I like some of the Babyshambles stuff but it's definitely going downhill now
  • Options
    has he still got the biscuit addiction?

and did he have a wobbly face and a sweat on?
  • Options
    Carl Barat joined him on stage last night and they played 13 Libertines songs.

www.nme.com
  • Options
    My luck innit

I'd have been at a Paul McCartney gig in 1970 and John Lennon would've been on with him the next night....

Pete is still crap though!