Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ITV shocked as key pundit Keane pulls out of World Cup

2»

Comments

• Options
    lets get rid of Andy Townsend, and we are good
  • Options
    Because he has an opinion doesn't make him a good pundit, boring to listen to glad he won't be on ITV.
  • Options
    Great news I cannot stand Keane, as a footballer or person.
    I bet Mick McCarthy is still smiling to himself over unemployed Keanes WC comments.
  • Options
    Chiles isn't a pundit to be fair to him. He is the presenter and Ok IMO.
  • Options
    Keane is such a miserable nob - I'm delighted he won't be on the screens.

I honestly think he will do something daft like go on a gun rampage and murder loads - he's got that look about him
  • Options

Apparently John Terry is going to replace him... seriously.

Bringing his england kit I assume.
  • Options
    Curbs 16-1
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Keane is such a miserable nob - I'm delighted he won't be on the screens.

I honestly think he will do something daft like go on a gun rampage and murder loads - he's got that look about him

Bit OTT there.
  • Options
    Keane is hilarious to me. Genuine comedy gold. He has no interest in being a pundit. Anytime someone asks him a question, he seems genuinely annoyed that they did. He can't understand why anyone asks him anything. That he hasn't slapped Chiles on air is a huge surprise. The shot of him leaving a hotel on SSN yesterday had me in stitches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OQKD1PdK2s
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Keane is hilarious to me. Genuine comedy gold. He has no interest in being a pundit. Anytime someone asks him a question, he seems genuinely annoyed that they did. He can't understand why anyone asks him anything. That he hasn't slapped Chiles on air is a huge surprise. The shot of him leaving a hotel on SSN yesterday had me in stitches.

That's actually very true! He can barely conceal his contempt for his interviewer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The guys a cnut -this is one of the best bits of news ive heard for a while - means i will watch itv now. The guy is the biggest up his own i have ever had to witness.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

That's actually very true! He can barely conceal his contempt for his interviewer!
    Keane barely ever conceals his contempt for anyone who isn't Roy Keane.
  • Options

The guys a cnut -this is one of the best bits of news ive heard for a while - means i will watch itv now. The guy is the biggest up his own i have ever had to witness.

...to be replaced by John Terry on the itv sofa. Easy come easy go.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Keane barely ever conceals his contempt for anyone who isn't Roy Keane.
    ....again very true. He does seem to like his dogs though.
  • Options
    Won't miss him at all. I don't mind someone having a controversial opinion or two but I do prefer them to not be soporific to listen to.
  • Options
    Shame because I was waiting for all of ITV's coverage throughout the tournament and counting the number of times he would say... "Listen..." when he was about to speak.
  • Options
    Was only a plastic pundit anyway.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Don't know if I am right but itv always seem to be England's unlucky channel.

|As I suspected -figures in todays paper (from memory so maybe not exactly right, but in this ball park)
    The Italy game was the first world cup defeat shown exclusively by BBC since 1986.
    The win percentage of exclusive BBC games is 76% and drops to 23% win rate on the games shown exclusively on ITV

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

Don't know if I am right but itv always seem to be England's unlucky channel.

|As I suspected -figures in todays paper (from memory so maybe not exactly right, but in this ball park)
    The Italy game was the first world cup defeat shown exclusively by BBC since 1986.
    The win percentage of exclusive BBC games is 76% and drops to 23% win rate on the games shown exclusively on ITV

Sorry to get all Malcolm Gladwell on you, but do ITV get more of our 2nd round or QF games? Is it more about the way the games are divided up?
  • Options
    Depends on the bargaining.
    BBC might get the first game, and allow the next two england games to go to ITV but they then get first choice of say 2 quarter finals and first semi final, etc etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They should have replaced Keane with this gentleman.

Not suitable for work or young children.

• Options
    Does anyone listen to these pundit sessions - I always thought they were a reminder to get a cup of tea/new beer/ look at Charlton Life/ talk to the wife etc.
  • Options
    We just need to get rid of the ones who make statements of the obvious during the game - especially the one called Danny Murphy (doesn't Michael Grade still have some sway at the BBC?).