Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Earls Court Drinking

Going to my first ever gig at Earls Court Sat night.

Are there many (any?) decent pubs or bars in the area? I've never drank over that way before.

Or are we best heading elsewhere in London, as we'll be out from lunchtime.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    Bromptons. Corner of warwick road and lillie road. You'll like it in there.
  • Options
    You going to see Arcade Fire then @The Organiser‌? So am I if you are! But so far away from my first gig!
  • Options
    think he meant first gig AT Earls Court rather than first ever gig.
  • Options
    I am GWE - but Mr One Lung is right, I did mean first gig at Earls Court.
  • Options
    Apparently fancy dress is encouraged for the night!
  • Options
    Well you won't be the only one not doing it if you don't mate.

Dy know who's supporting?
  • Options
    Seeing them on Friday, looking forward to it. Saturday's gig is being broadcasted live on XFM for anyone who couldn't get a ticket.
  • Options
    I'm going Saturday. Also seeing Arcade Fire, Thursday 3rd July at Hyde Park. Jake Bugg is the main support at Hyde Park. Not sure about Saturday.
  • Options
    The Sensei will be at the Friday night concert at Earls Court.
  • Options
    So.....pub recommendations anyone??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another fine example of a CL thread going off topic!
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I'm going on Saturday night. The support is 2manyDJs (or something) and Lorde. Different acts for the Friday.

Can't recommend any pub in particular though I know there's some decent ones along Earls Court Road with a fair variety of beers, atmospheres etc.
  • Options
    Colherne arms.
  • Options
    The Courtfield on Earls Court road, literally opposite the station, is always quite lively and full, and The Prince of Teck is good too, and has TV's if there's any sport on.

Slightly further away, The Pembroke on Old Brompton Road is really nice.

Then slightly further away still, The Famous Three Kings, next to West Kensington station is great, and has a load of tvs often showing a huge range of sport.
  • Options
    Friday 6th June

Doors: 18:00
    DJ Steve Mackey: 18:00 - 19:00
    Owen Pallett: 19:00 - 19:40
    Arcade Fire: 20:15 - 22:00
    DJ Steve Mackey: 22:00 - 22:30

Saturday 7th June

Doors: 18:00
    2Manydjs: 18:00 - 19:00
    Lorde: 19:00 - 19:45
    2Manydjs: 19:45 - 20:20
    Arcade Fire: 20:20 - 22:00
    2Manydjs: 22:00 - 22:30
  • Options
    Cheers Addick for life and Covered End.

CE - Are you going in fancy dress? Hoping we're not going to be the only group who aren't.

Cheers.
  • Options
    Fancy dress - no chance.

I've seen them a load of times & I wouldn't even know about fancy dress, if I hadn't seen it on the net.

• Options
    Brilliant tonight. A few people in fancy dress but most people weren't.

Anyone going tomorrow is in for a treat.

• Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Astonishing show tonight....absolutely astonishing. Lots of cameras stage-side - I suspect that they'll put together a 'Live' video, despite the fact that they swore they would never do such a thing.
    That's the eighth time I've seen them and (one other aside) the best I've seen by them.

• Options
    Will be my second time seeing them tonight and the photos only serve to feed my anticipation!! Glad fancy dress is not the majority although I do like a dress up.
  • Options
    I'm there tonight increasing the average age of the audience. Mind you, I saw London Grammar on Tuesday and I really lifted the average there!