Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top 5 Concerts You've Been To (Excluding Bon-Jovi)

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]1. U2 Earls Court
    2. Inxs Wembley ( along with Hothouse Flowers)
    3. Deacon Blue Wembley Arena
    4. Paul Weller Finsbury Park
    5. Pogues - Brixton

Summer XS Guinness? That was a cracking day................apart from that wino Debby Harry going on too long which meant Houthouse Flowers set wasn't as long as it should have been grrrrrrrr

Deacon Blue came on before the Rugby League Grand Final last year..................I'd forgotten what a cracking band they were!
  • Options
    Knebworth 74? - Led Zep. Was it only me who saw the flying saucer??
    The Who - everytime I've seen them (especially at the Valley - both gigs)
    Fleetwood Mac (romours tour) and Bob Marley at Kaiserslautern Stadium 79/80?
    Santana/Led Zep - Manheim 80
    Rush - Wembley arena 04?

Seems like I've been in a time warp but the mid 70's to mid 80's were great (I think) but the best live gigs have always been The Who!
  • Options
    Rush - Wembley arena 04?

Seems like I've been in a time warp but the mid 70's to mid 80's were great (I think) but the best live gigs have always been The Who!
  • Options
    Rush - Wembley arena 04?

• Options
    Rush - Wembley arena 04?

• Options
    Rush - Wembley arena 04?

• Options
    off the top of my head & randomly chosen from hundreds of gigs i have been to.....

The Stone Roses - Manchester International II - 1989
    Jesus & Mary Chain - Liverpool Royal Court - 1988
    The Pixies - Manchester International II - 1988
    Calexico - Chicago Broken Bottle - 2000
    Arthur Lee & Love - Liverpool Academy 1992 (his first gig in 20 years)
  • Options
    The Clash - Brixton Academy - ca 1980/1
    SLF - Brixton Academy ca early 1980s
    Springsteen - Wembley 1985
  • Options
    Queen - Knebworth
    The Jam - Wembley Arena
    Radiohead - Brixton Academy
    Supergrass - Forum
    Counting Crows - Hammersmith
  • Options
    In no particular order (and will change tomorrow)...

Charlatans at Excel (cos my mate dislocated his knee in the mosh pit - how we laughed)
    Any Cure gig before about 95
    Blur at Coventry Poly about 1990
    Dandy Warhols at Brixton about 5 years ago - was the last out of the venue - squelched out and was refused entry into many a cab as we were all dripping in sweat
    Sugarbabes at Glastonbury in 2003 - just spent the set admiring Dave Berry's birds backside (might have been the drugs tho)

Honourable mention to Glen Tilbrook upstair at the Traf a few years back - just a really good evening with mates.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doves - Glastonbury 2003
    Porcupine Tree - Astoria 2003
    Paul Weller - Newcastle City Hall 1994
    Miles Hunt (of The Wonder Stuff) - Half Moon Putney, couple of years back can't remember which gig
    Oasis - Knebworth 1996
  • Options
    Faith No More - Brixton - 1994 (I think)
    Sepultura - The Amersham Arms - 1993
    Will Haven (supporting the Deftones) - Astoria - 1997
    Carcass/Entombed - Astoria - 1993
    Puressence - Scala - 2003
  • Options
    Gregory Isaacs - the venue/victoria 1982
    The Cure/Joy Division - the marquee 1978
    Kraftwerk - hammersmith odeon 1982
    Tom Waits - victoria apollo 1982
    Oasis/Shed Seven - the venue New Cross?
  • Options
    Public image limited - hammersmith palais
    The Who - Charlton
    Birthday Party - Africa Center covent garden
    Captain Beefheart - venue victoria
    Prince - the lyceum
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]KBslittlesis

Hothouse Flowers never heard of this lot however my parents went to see them in Cape town last week and said they were great!!

crikey! how old do I feel now!!!
    Hothouse Flowers are great in my eyes. Saw them in Dublin a few years back, right up the front & it was Liam (the lead singers) birthday, it felt like we were at his family party it was so intimate, cracking band..............'I like a drink that takes sometime to settle............it's worth the wait & it tastes like a dream!'

Saw Doctors are the mutts nuts! Seen them loads of times, they supported Genesis at Knebworth one year too, a change to the advertised support & an absolutely great surprise..................' I wish I was on that N17...............' marvellous.

Hot House Flowers: Not really my cup of tea but was at Glastonbury in '93 and girlfriend of the time dragged me with her to see them. All I remember them doing was a cover of Johnny Nash 'I can see clearly now'.

Saw Doctors: also at Glastonbury but in the mud years of 97 or 98. Mental. We were all a bit pisssed and moshed around and fell over in the stinking mud. Those years saw Bob Dylan, Manics, REM, Massive Attack, Chilli's, Primal Scream, Prodigy, Radiohead and loads more I can't remember now.

Used to love Glasto but haven't been since 2003.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Queen & Status Quo - Wembley Stadium (1986)
    Stupidly went to the loo while Quo were on, and was still in the cubicle when "Rocking All Over The World started. The walls literally shook from everyone up above stamping their feet in time

Level 42 - Wembley Arena (1986 or 1987)
    The first gig I ever went to without my parents. Not the most street credband in the world, but great live, and probably at their peak at the time.

Roachford - T&C (1989 I think)
    Small gig, but great atmosphere. Made the mistake of standing in front of the bass speaker for long periods, and my ears rang for two days afterwards.

Kirsty MacColl - Cambridge Corn Exchange (1995)
    Great gig, but had to haul the guy I went with back to his seat cos he wanted to leave before the encores. Early leavers get everywhere... I was gutted that I missed out on her last London gig at the Shepherds Bush Empire, especially as I was only living about a mile away at the time.

Tom Jones - Wembley Arena (2004 I think, a little while after Reloaded was released)
    Got a phone call from a friend the day before to say she had a spare and did I want to go? It was a bit cheesy in places, but good fun, and his band were excellent, especially the horn section.
  • Options
    Radiohead - California desert 2004 (one of many - always good)
    Kraftwerk - When I was a kid with my dad - 80's
    Daft Punk - Birmingham 1998
    Morrissey - Earls Court 2004
    Nirvana - Reading 93
  • Options
    1) Morrissey - Everytime. Best live artist going. Had a box at Meltdown and at Drury Lane as well.

2) The Fall - 93 Feet East. Blown away. Was expecting a pissed up twonk but the band were FANTASTIC.

3) Shawn Colvin - Glastonbury.

4) New York Dolls - Forum last year and at Meltdown. Rocked like hell.

5) Chris Difford - My back garden last year. Bloke is class.
    Glenn Tilbrook - 12 Bar Club. Took the whole audience out into Soho singing Hey Jude. Brilliant.
  • Options
    1. Bjork - Phionex festival
    2. Kid koala - Hammersmith Palais
    3. Beck - Shep. Bush
    4. Roots Manuva - Forum
    5. Hexstatic - Cargo / The Bees - Colchester Arts Centre