Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Listening to Music

Anyone got any advice regarding listening to music around the house. My limited technical knowledge seems to suggest Bluetooth speakers or something like that. I bought some Jawbone speakers but just haven't managed to enjoy the music. I currently listen through Rdio which I have found very simple to use. I think there may be better things out there I have no knowledge of. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Get an iphone and use it on the bus #justsaying
  • Options
    How long's a piece of string?

Seriously, what sort of music do you want to listen to? Also, where is the music? Is it on your computer, is it vinyl, is it CDs? Once I know how your be listening and what you'll be listening to I can perhaps give you some advice.
  • Options
    I know somebody who puts his phone in a (empty) mug in the kitchen to amplify the sound.
  • Options
    Music is on IPad but also on IPhone. So really asking best way to get it playing around the house.
  • Options
    Sonos.

Without any hesitation, you should look at getting a Sonos set up.
  • Options
    Sonos is really good for multiple rooms. I have libratone which is pretty good wireless speaker, can be controlled and customized via iPad/iPhone
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Rdio is excellent - great selection of music
  • Options
    Bought a soundfreaq from Richer sounds, and for a budget dock/bluetooth speaker it gives really good sound in a small/medium sized room. Sound buffs will not take it seriously, but for the money it seemed a bargain.
  • Options
    If you have a PC with your music on and an Android phone, you can download Squeezebox, turn it into a media server and then use your phone as a player via wifi. I'm sure Apple let you do the same thing with AirPlay or something similar.