Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup Fantasy Football - Official FIFA/McDonalds edition

They opened up the website for squad picking and league joining last night so it's time to set this one up. Pick 23 players with a budget of £100m, and select a starting XI with a captain. The rest of the rules are the same as the World Cup four years ago but are here if you are new or need them refreshed: http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/rules

League Name: CL World Cup
Password: happy109cafc

If you can't get in, let me know if there's any way I can help.

Comments

• Options
    BUMP
  • Options
    CAFCOfficial also running a public league on this platform for you to join with prizes for winners and runners-up: http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140609-world-cup-fantasy-league-1626994.aspx
  • Options
    done.
  • Options
    BUMP :-)
  • Options
    FIFA and mcdonalds. The axis of evil
  • Options
    Trying to put a half-decent squad together on this one is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Callum u r a legend...thanks

@The Red Robin

Indeed...u can either build a balanced squad with only 1 star in each positional sector or u can pick 11 stars and 12 bums
  • Options

@The Red Robin

Indeed...u can either build a balanced squad with only 1 star in each positional sector or u can pick 11 stars and 12 bums

I'll have another crack but it was a real struggle last time I attempted it. Why a squad? Why not just an 11 or 15?
  • Options
    The site won't load when I attempt to register
  • Options
    I'm in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

@The Red Robin

I'll have another crack but it was a real struggle last time I attempted it. Why a squad? Why not just an 11 or 15?
    because

1. it reflects the reality of the world cup
    2. it means knowledge of the particular strengths v weaknesses (basically goal scoring or tight defending) of the outsiders helps a lot
    3. there is a unique feature in that you can change your line up during a round of games - i.e. you can use to your advantage that different groups play on different days

i am giving away no more freebies :) but i imagine the real competition are aware of this already

@‌paulie8920

well charlton have confirmed that mcdonalds fifa is the real deal. so you either sign up for this one as well or you are forever cast as someone who is a charlton antagonist :)

• Options
    I'll be in! Just set my team up at work for the work league.
  • Options
    Obviously I've built my squad around Reza :-)
  • Options
    bylbyl
    edited June 2014
    i just set up a team as well -

**deleted - was giving out too many good tips : p **

gonna try and join the CL world cup mini as well on the fifa website :)
    edit: joined already :)
  • Options
    15 people in so far. Let's get a few more in before the first deadline. :-)
  • Options
    I'm in both. That was tough!
  • Options
    Quite happy with the squad I've put together now. No doubt I'll still be playing around with it right up until the deadline though.

Who is everyone's MD1 captain?
  • Options
    Just joined.
  • Options
    Fred is my MD1 captain. Not the greatest player in the world but he's got a hell of a team behind him. Quite happy with the balance of the squad in the end. And Reza.
  • Options
    Tempted to go with Fred too but I've got a good feeling about De Bruyne against Algeria.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Stupid question but once i have joined the league, where does it appear or will it not until we start getting points?

As i can only find it if i search as if joining it again.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Stupid question but once i have joined the league, where does it appear or will it not until we start getting points?

As i can only find it if i search as if joining it again.

Under the "my leagues" main tab, there should be an option to switch between "my leagues" and "join/create a league" as subtabs. That is where I find it.

Up to 20 people now. :-)

Or try this link: http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/leagues/18983
  • Options
    Ok that is weird, clicked on the my leagues tab next to the join tab, just get a blank screen, must be something to do with me.
  • Options

Ok that is weird, clicked on the my leagues tab next to the join tab, just get a blank screen, must be something to do with me.

Same as me.

• Options
    This is who has signed up for the Charlton Life league so far:

1 mikey_cafc
    2 callam
    3 MikeyMa
    4 bylbyl
    5 123shorer
    6 ScrappyCAFC
    7 Mendonca103
    8 spikamaus
    9 Wil.Windham
    10 THEMCA
    11 PlayToLose
    12 rhopping
    13 Jameo82
    14 danhughes99
    15 trevski1
    16 Dannoo_86
    17 tbataylor
    18 inggerlund
    19 Callum-1991
    20 jacko110
    21 charlton-stu
  • Options
    23 players? I'm a modern day man with the attention span of a erm,well you know, because... computers and tv, and stuff, and well...

23 players?!
  • Options
    I'm be in once I've agreed my squad, it's been a bit of a struggle...
  • Options
    Just over 23 hours to go to sign up, pick your squad and join the CL & CAFCOfficial leagues. :-)
  • Options

Just over 23 hours to go to sign up, pick your squad and join the CL & CAFCOfficial leagues. :-)

23?!
  • Options
    Just under 23 now!!! PANIC

(you can join any time after that deadline, you'll just gain no points for the first round of games...)