Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst 5 Concerts You've Been To

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
1) Elton John - London Arena 1989 - So bland.
2) David Bowie - Glass Spider Tour Wembley 1989- I love Bowie but this show was just so over the top theatrically IMO.
3) An Elvis night at the Woodville Halls Gravesend 1991 - Shockingly bad!
4) Bananarama - 1982 - They lipped synched!
5) One of my mates brother's band at The Tunnel Club - 1985.

Comments

• Options
    all five go to Gigglestick & the Love Truncheons

a truly awful band I followed everywhere in my teens

heh hoh
  • Options
    Never been to a bad concert, although have seen some pretty dire support acts.
  • Options
    had some bad experiences at some gigs

oasis finsbury park, 5 chavvy 30ish yr olds were playing football with their loafers with no socks and chino shorts kicking a ball about, and a tramp asked to join in, so they told him to go in goal and they pelted the ball at him. too many girls in stilettos for my liking.

the kooks last october, nearly got into a fight because of arse wipes standing on the stairs in everyone's way

muse at brixton about 98/99 i'd eaten a "special" muffin (we made ourselves) and then thought i was going to die. spent half an hour giggling my head off thinking it was a great experience, till we got into the venue and the loud music and lights freaked me out and i thought i was going to choke on a bottle of water. the floor was wonky and i thought i was going to fall over, and it wasn't till muse played "feeling good" that i concentrated on singing instead of feeling like death and i got over it. but there was only about 10 mins of the set left. horrible paranoia.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
  • Options
    Cher in the early 90's (I didn't go out of choice, I had a free ticket) She sang about 8 songs over a two hour period and went off to get changed after each song. Didn't do an en-chore was was booed with gusto by everyone.
  • Options
    see other post... Bros.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]had some bad experiences at some gigs

oasis finsbury park, 5 chavvy 30ish yr olds were playing football with their loafers with no socks and chino shorts kicking a ball about, and a tramp asked to join in, so they told him to go in goal and they pelted the ball at him. too many girls in stilettos for my liking.

the kooks last october, nearly got into a fight because of arse wipes standing on the stairs in everyone's way

muse at brixton about 98/99 i'd eaten a "special" muffin (we made ourselves) and then thought i was going to die. spent half an hour giggling my head off thinking it was a great experience, till we got into the venue and the loud music and lights freaked me out and i thought i was going to choke on a bottle of water. the floor was wonky and i thought i was going to fall over, and it wasn't till muse played "feeling good" that i concentrated on singing instead of feeling like death and i got over it. but there was only about 10 mins of the set left. horrible paranoia.

The Finsbury park/tramp thing. Was that the Friday or the Saturday? Me and all my mates were having a massive game of have it (like Peter Kay in the advert) with a tramp who was smoking the longest joint I've ever seen! None of us were anywhere near 30 at the time and none of us would have dreamed of wearing chino's or loafers!!
  • Options
    that Paul geezer who sabg about laying his hat, he supported Genesis at Wembley........................what a load of old smelly brown stuff that was
  • Options
    Status Quo
    Status Quo
    Status Quo
    Status Quo
    Some band at the Milkweg amsterdam after eating a space cake!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]had some bad experiences at some gigs

The Finsbury park/tramp thing. Was that the Friday or the Saturday? Me and all my mates were having a massive game of have it (like Peter Kay in the advert) with a tramp who was smoking the longest joint I've ever seen! None of us were anywhere near 30 at the time and none of us would have dreamed of wearing chino's or loafers!!

it was the friday as we were going in, the bands had started. and the tramp wasn't capable of smoking a joint, so it must have been another bunch of people. there were about 6 knobs. so not a massive game, just 6 blokes with a ball who thought it'd be funny.

must say, some oasis fans are horrible. they do attract some oiks.
    i said some not all!!! but majority of their gigs there have been some right prize tw@ts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Belle & Sebastian at the Union Chapel in 1999 - terribly indie-schmindie performance, far too precious & precocious for their own good - i love the band but that was a dreadful show & probably the only truly dire one i have seen. I have seen plenty of crapbands but usually no-mark support acts whose names i have quickly forgotten. I had the misfortune to see Back To The Planet once - i hate crusty bands.
  • Options
    There are some dickheads that get along to Oasis gigs, but in all fairness it only ever takes a small minority to make you think the majority are bad.

Everytime I've been to see them there is a bit of tension
  • Options
    There are some dickheads that get along to Oasis gigs, but in all fairness it only ever takes a small minority to make you think the majority are bad.

Everytime I've been to see them there is a bit of tension
  • Options
    Went and saw The Killers in Paris last month, and had to listen to 30 minutes of a French rock band before them, that was pretty awful!
  • Options
    I saw Oasis a couple of times, once 3rd on the bill at the Carlsberg Festival in Preston in '94, then again in Sheffield 12 months later - i quite liked the first album although i havent played it for at least 10 years - i just totally lost interest in them & their music after that first LP.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CrispyCAFC[/cite]Went and saw The Killers in Paris last month, and had to listen to 30 minutes of a French rock band before them, that was pretty awful!
    I was there!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: CrispyCAFC[/cite]Went and saw The Killers in Paris last month, and had to listen to 30 minutes of a French rock band before them, that was pretty awful![/quote]
    I was there![/quote]

Was you a member of the kind of mosh in the middle?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CrispyCAFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CrispyCAFC[/cite]Went and saw The Killers in Paris last month, and had to listen to 30 minutes of a French rock band before them, that was pretty awful!
    I was there!

Was you a member of the kind of mosh in the middle?

he was too knackered from dancing to the french rock band!
  • Options
    Tonight Rewind at Nottingham, David Essex, David Cassidy, Showaddywaddy, The Osmonds going as the chauffeur for Mrs Lat
  • Options
    Dire Straits at Lewisham odeon. Should have gone to see the Police at Hammersmith Palais instead.

The Lou Riesner production of Tommy at the Rainbow, Badly rehearsed, Viv Stanshall stoned and forgetting the words to his number.

Have to agree with DJDD about the glass spide tour, although Big Country were great.

Martha Reeves and the Vandellas at Catford! A revival tour gig in the mid 80s. Two Vandellas and only one mic between them!

Witchfynde (yes, really) at the camden palace in the early 80s. A heavy metal band from oop north playing their first big dat in London. There were three men and a dog in the audience. The lead singer still mamged to bound on stage with huge power chords slamming out from the band and give the big "HELLOOOOO London"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Soulwax at the Astoria - Dreadful
    Intepol at the Forum - I like their music but I may have well just listened to their album
    Kings of Leon at the Brixton Academy - Same as Intepol
    Babyshambles at the Brixton Academy - Pete Doherty is an overrated muppet
    Maximo Park in Vancouver - Really really bad
  • Options
    Intepol at the Forum - I like their music but I may have well just listened to their album
  • Options
  • Options
    Fela Kuti - Brixton Academy - awful sound
    The Damned/Ruts/Nipple Erectors - Hemel Hempstead Pier Pavillion non stop fighting
    The Starnglers/Count Bishops - Essex Uni, Punch Ups Going On All Over The Place
    Pere Ubu - Chislehurst Caves, just not big enough, bad sound
    Levellers - Downham Tavern, Too Much Flour?
  • Options
    Levellers: I've seen them loads of times and some great gigs - Copenhagen '93, Amsterdam, Dublin, Brighton, Plymouth, Bristol, Glastonbury loads and their own 'Beautiful Days' festival every year in Devon.

But in '97 they opened a flooded and mud-bound Glastonbury - they couldn't get into it, the crowd couldn't get into it and it wouldn't stop raining. People started booing, the band started effing & blinding back, and suddenly people started scooping up mud and chucking it at the band - they were splattered in mud and walked off.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Eat - the Venue (mid 90s)
    Only distinguishing moment was my sister having a stand up row with the bloke next to her cos he kept elbowing her in the head. And then her boyfriend got involved, and as we were right down the front the band stopped playing until the argy bargy had stopped, and we nearly got kicked out.
  • Options
    Electric Soft Parade at 100 Club: The two main frontmen were archetypal jumped up Brighton Public-schoolboys smugly making in-jokes with friends in the crowd. Awful sound, awful songs (I do like one or two) Unfortunately all their equipment buggered up, amps and keyboards kept cutting out - very entertaining watching them desperately start struggling and getting totally flustered!

Elbow at the Astoria when the 1st album came out: Not really the band but the audience just not interested at all, chatting through it, half of em only went cos it was cool I reckon!

Gene at Anson Rooms Bristol. Smiths wannabes - they were supporting elastica, just thought they were lame. Then had to endure em again supporting another band I liked - can't remember now!

Jane's Addiction at Hammersmith, Strays tour. Love the band, but the sound was so bad - was like listening to a band play the other side of a fire exit door but ten times as loud (if that makes sense) - no dancing girls either :-(

Last but not least, a Pink Floyd covers band called "PULSE" at the Underworld, Camden.
    As soon as the strains of Shine On came over the PA sounding like a casio miniture keyboard I knew it was a bad idea. The singer couldn't remember half the words, there was hardly anyone there, and in the middle of Run Like Hell they exploded some indoor fireworks which had everyone choking to death and unable to see the band for about 10 mins because of the smoke!! Entertaining I'll give 'em that!
  • Options
    1) BY A MILE - David Bowie at Wembley Arena, Outside Tour T.O.T.A.L S.H.Y.T.E
    Was gutted at love his early stuff. Was smiling far too much and looked like he'd been on the jazz talc.

2) The Libertines at Brixton. Supported Morrissey and was expecting them to be great. God awful and tuneless. Drummer was good, which says it all.

3) MICHAEL BL**DY BOLTON - took the missus to see him in Dublin 2 years back (shes obv deaf and blind). Never seen a bigger load of cobblers in all my life. The women were going nuts! He actually popped up about 15 yards from me halfway during the gig and did think about lumping him one...£50 a ticket! Criminal.

4) Flowered Up - Brighton. Dreadful band but was funny when Barry Mooncult attacked the promoter on stage after they overran. Seeing a bald bloke in a flower costume attacking a fat bloke was comedy gold.

5) Ian Brown - Hammy Palais. Most tuneless act I have ever seen. Just cannot sing. Simple as that.