Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What Do You Know About Iranian Cuisine?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Nice food but can't say it was that it was noticeably different from other middle eastern food (Dok was not to my liking). But if you are in Kilburn try Ariana II the Afghan restaurant...always busy in there, great food, nice people and a BYO. BTW Ariana I is in New York.
  • Options
    Late night Pizza tonight & a few bottles of Spitfire. All bases covered.
  • Options
    I ordered Iranian food in the Green Apple restaurant in Kuwait City on Wednesday night. All I'm saying is what they deliver doesn't contain the same ingredients as suggested by the menu and yeah no alcohol!
  • Options
    Stig
    Looks like you will struggle if you want to visit a Costa Rican restaurant.
    there is only one in the whole country - in Whitby.

South Koreans drink an average of 13.7 shots of liquor a week - the most in the world, twice as much as Russians.
  • Options
    Thanks very much to everyone for your advice, especially #Oakster , I'll be making that vegetable stew, and #vff who inboxed me about a Persian shop in Peckham called Persepolis. I went there after work today and found them to be really helpful and friendly. And I had one of those "small world" incidents when I told the shop owner I was from Southend and he said, "meet my wife, she's from Shoebury". I bought a few nice things and am thoroughly looking forward to Saturday. Come on Reza!!!!

On the drinks front, there's an offy on Old Compton Street that sells Arrack (an anise based spirit) but it's out of my price range. So, I think it'll be a quick Chilean Shiraz and then back on the real ale (I know how to do these things properly). I will make some Dok, but I'm not expecting it to be to my liking either.

Cheers all.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Enjoy!
    I trust it's no longer appropriate to have English ale?
  • Options
    I don't know about appropriate, but I'll never give up the English ale, A-R-T-H-U-R ;-)
  • Options
    OK with you on that one - just make it an extra curricular activity for your world cup themed cullinary adventures!