Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North stand seats replaced

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140613-north-stand-seats-replaced-1643000.aspx
New seats are being installed at The Valley as part of an ongoing summer programme to significantly improve the stadium’s appearance.

Work began earlier this week on replacing 5,760 seats in the north stand which have seen their bright red colour fade considerably since the building of the stand in 2002.

They're certainly spending some money on the ground this summer! I guess it's just as well all the Upper North yobs will be sitting in the East Stand A block now, so won't be around to dirty them :-)

Comments

• Options
    Good news. They needed doing. Couldn't see that happen under the last regime,
  • Options
    Could they fix the hole in the roof above mine & @TelMc32‌ seats while they are doing some DIY?
  • Options
    Good to see. Those pink seats were becoming an embarrassment
  • Options
    Wish they could leave the seats out and have bit of standing image
  • Options
    The idea is to give a Premier League feel to the whole aesthetic of a matchday.

WTF : - )

Thankfully two of the seats were "liberated" from the north stand lift on Tuesday and made their way to the Museum.
  • Options

Could they fix the hole in the roof above mine & @TelMc32‌ seats while they are doing some DIY?

They mention fixing the roof G...maybe they finally got that email I sent a couple of season ago!! ;-)
  • Options
    This pleases me muchly!
  • Options
    All good stuff.

The ground did start to look a bit shabby under the old regime, the pitch being the most obvious sign of that.

Well done RD.
  • Options
    The new mob don't hang about with this stuff do they and it's usually with little prior knowledge as well? Let's just hope it's all going on behind the scenes with getting in players eh?
  • Options
    New pitch, new seats, blimey they'll be signing some footballers at this rate. Well done RD
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014
    TelMc32 said:

They mention fixing the roof G...maybe they finally got that email I sent a couple of season ago!! ;-)
    I think the old mob printed it out and used it to cover the hole.
  • Options
    Great, new seats, new pitch but no new players.
    Have you got your priorities right Roland?
  • Options
    Waste of bloody money. No-one sat on them anyway.

Who cares what they look like? It's what happens on the pitch that counts!

;-)
  • Options

Great, new seats, new pitch but no new players.
    Have you got your priorities right Roland?

I thinks he's got a doctorate in Stadium Refurbishment from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven or at least an A+ grade from Merksem Secondary Modern...
  • Options
    I imagine it comes from hiring a Head of Facilities - it's his job.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I refuse to sit on another seat. The tradition is being ripped out of the club day-by-day

I hope the new seats are lard proofed. I needed one for each arse cheek last time I went down to the Valley!
  • Options
    Its because I'm moving to the upper north next season...get a better class of people in and the area goes up market and the place gets smartened up...personally I quite like the dress code they are also introducing for the upper north, nobody should wear trainers, period, let alone to a football match...
  • Options
    cafckev said:

New pitch, new seats, blimey they'll be signing some footballers at this rate. Well done RD

RD: pitch.....
    KM: check.
    RD: Seats....
    RD: training ground planning permission....
    RD: new manager....
    RD: payers....
    KM: bugger, i knew we forgot something!

L ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are the new seats on loan from Liege? If so! I don't want them.
    Do they have padding?
  • Options

cafckev said:

RD: pitch.....
    RD: Seats....
    RD: training ground planning permission....
    RD: new manager....
    RD: payers....
    KM: bugger, i knew we forgot something!

L ?
    Well spotted
  • Options
    Need to replace the floodlights as well this summer
  • Options

Good to see. Those pink seats were becoming an embarrassment

Not having a first team squad is embarrassing not the colour of the seats
  • Options
    Credit it where its due on this .. Small steps and all that
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Credit it where its due on this .. Small steps and all that

Small steps? Influx of players who don't pass the CL height test?
  • Options
    What a waste of money when we are moving to the peninsula in a couple of years.
  • Options
    Good, it's a small thing but it will make the Valley look better.
  • Options
    I mean what has Roland ever done for us?!!!
  • Options
    Cool, money spent on the pitch and now the ground.