Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fathers Day

Is upon us this weekend. I'm hoping for..........................(ps some cracking answers to questions posed)

http://www.amazon.com/Wenger-16999-Swiss-Knife-Giant/dp/B001DZTJRQ/ref=cm_cd_ql_qh_dp_t

Comments

• Options
    A lay in
  • Options
    I'm hoping for; the sofa, tv, beer, curry, and a good day of sport.
    Just a card from my son is the only thing he needs to do.
  • Options

A lay in

Amen!
  • Options

A lay in

What's that?

• Options
    working all weekend :-(
  • Options
    Hate it! It's a commercial pile of pony! If I have to rely on one day a year for my kids to show me that I mean something to them there is a problem! Commercial clap trap, designed purely to make money out of bloody cards that end up in the bin and awful, trashy 'gifts'!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Youngest daughter brought home a card she made at school for me. Apparently tomorrow is 'Special Person's Day'!
  • Options

Hate it! It's a commercial pile of pony! If I have to rely on one day a year for my kids to show me that I mean something to them there is a problem! Commercial clap trap, designed purely to make money out of bloody cards that end up in the bin and awful, trashy 'gifts'!

Never got a card then.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    My first. Going to a banging steak house, looking forward to it!
  • Options

A lay in

This!

Especially as I won't get to bed until at least 4, because of the Japan/Ivory Coast game.

• Options
    My daughter is at Download festival this weekend so unless she's left anything with her mum then I probably won't get anything.
    As far as I'm concerned though I'll be quite happy to stay under the duvet. First fathers day since I lost my dad so will be a poignant day for me. Be glad when it passes.
  • Options
    It's a day for thought AUN.

Not just past but forward also

Been a long time since mine past now gets easier pal
  • Options
    Became a grandad for the first time 2 weeks ago so hoping for one more card than usual. For me that is the long and short of the day, a card from my girls and I am happy.
  • Options
    Cheers @nla
  • Options
    Golf comp at 7am, "surprise" for when I get back. Probably means dinner out and trip into town. US Open final day in the evening. The one day where my kids actually show real enthusiasm to do things to please me!
  • Options
    Playing golf with my wife and son in the morning then barbecue with children and grandkids in the afternoon.
  • Options

My daughter is at Download festival this weekend so unless she's left anything with her mum then I probably won't get anything.
    As far as I'm concerned though I'll be quite happy to stay under the duvet. First fathers day since I lost my dad so will be a poignant day for me. Be glad when it passes.

Will be thinking of you, Mike.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm just hoping I managed to work my dad's address out properly from google earth

Otherwise some poor bloke is going to wake up thinking he's got 3 kids he never knew about before.
  • Options
    Thank you Jean x
  • Options
    I was woken up from my slumber by my two bearing a card and a bottle of port. Yaaay.
    Our first child arrived on Fathers Day 2002 which was the best present possible - generally his birthday celebrations fall on Fathers Day too.
  • Options
    My wife's not 100% at the moment so I got up with my little un this morning. We're sitting watching disney channel om sofa but she's told me that when mummy gets up they've got a surprise. Bbq this afternoon. She's quite excited because we saw "daddy's favourite band" the who last night "and I actually liked them daddy!"
  • Options
    Went bed at one after football. My one year old woke us up at 145 and came in with us and my three year old got me up at 615 telling me was doing a poo. Went downstairs with him and been watching his tv. Just got my presents and going to see my dad later who has been discharged from hospital following kidney failure and is now on home dialysis.

Happy Father's Day all you dads.
  • Options
    Happy Father's Day to all you wonderful daddy's xxx
  • Options
    Woke up about an hour ago, with our oversized fluffy cat sitting on my side, purring happily. The wife had fed the beast so he awoke me for a cuddle, the dog was attempting you usurp the feline as he attempted to make me remember he needs a walk.

In the background I can hear the kids shouting at one another (well the two girls anyway), so I got dressed to take Wilbur on his walk. On the way out the door Harry gives me his school made card with Fireman Sam on it (emotional stuff).

Have a top day one and all.
  • Options

..... and baby Dec to go to sleep on his dad's chest at midday just for the old man's happiness

One of the true joys of life, NLA - I remember the feeling as being the best of my life but a long time ago for me and if my two did it now (both front row rugby players) then I might crack a few ribs!

Father's Day is really about a father thanking whatever Gods their may be for the gift of his child(ren) - and in that I am blessed beyond words.
  • Options
    I have implemented blanket football this morning via bbc highlights, downloaded various train games on the ipad for my 5 yr old, and the wife is asleep with jet lag. Feet up on sofa, nice.