Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Germany vs Portugal

2»

Comments

• Options
    Wow , thats quite an assault by Pepe - not seen that one before. The guy needs a good kicking.
  • Options
    Ronaldo very very poor.
  • Options
    Terrible game, was a non event for most of it.

Good for Adrian Chiles, he is the only thing that makes ITV's terrible coverage watchable in my opinion, speaks like a fan, i like it.
  • Options
    What's the Portuguese for 'total knob' ?

Is it

A) Fournilio
    or
    B) Ronaldo

Clue - twoallbeefpatiesspecialsaucepattieslettucecheesepicklesandonionsallonasesameeseedbun

• Options
    Tell you what, if England played like what Portugal did this evening I would have smashed the TV. They did not play like a team, defending was awful and it looked like a training pitch for Germany because Portugal made it so easy for them.

In the end Ronaldo was playing for himself.

Germany played well but I wonder how they would have played if Portugal gave them a game this evening?
  • Options
    portugal always the same- really really dreadful first game,

in the qualis they just "gave up" on some games as well

but now they will need the points and you will see a change - all of a sudden they start playing football, maybe get a bit lucky as well against ghana or usa and then they'll be hard to beat for whoever faces them in the knockout phase.

if belgium would finish first in group H, i really hope portugal will slip up against ghana or usa, i would really want belgium to avoid portugal in the round of 16 since they are so unpredictable: either they play terrible or terrific, seems there is no average for them...
  • Options
    byl said:

but now they will need the points and you will see a change - all of a sudden they start playing football, maybe get a bit lucky as well against ghana or usa and then they'll be hard to beat for whoever faces them in the knockout phase.

if belgium would finish first in group H, i really hope portugal will slip up against ghana or usa, i would really want belgium to avoid portugal in the round of 16 since they are so unpredictable: either they play terrible or terrific, seems there is no average for them...

Did you see this BBC news article about the Belgian football miracle (no, Addicks, it's not about RD)? Is Sablon right to claim all the credit? Did he really impose 4-3-3 on Belgian youth football?

bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27827569
  • Options
    bylbyl
    edited June 2014

byl said:

Did you see this BBC news article about the Belgian football miracle (no, Addicks, it's not about RD)? Is Sablon right to claim all the credit? Did he really impose 4-3-3 on Belgian youth football?

yes Michel Sablon is the architect of the reforms on youth training and to impose 4-3-3 or a variation of that on the belgian youth teams. All credits don't go to him but he was the motor and he had tons of youth gamed analyzed by university people and stuff, to back up his vision with facts.

Not that belgian football will be european or world top but at least we're overperforming on producing talent woth respect to our population size. And at least young players coming through the last few years under the new youth program are way better in terms of technically ability and skills than the players we produced before. you can see it with all youth players coming through in most belgian clubs, i really think is it no coincidence but really a result of a new approach.
  • Options
    byl said:

byl said:

yes Michel Sablon is the architect of the reforms on youth training and to impose 4-3-3 or a variation of that on the belgian youth teams. All credits don't go to him but he was the motor and he had tons of youth gamed analyzed by university people and stuff, to back up his vision with facts.

Not that belgian football will be european or world top but at least we're overperforming on producing talent woth respect to our population size. And at least young players coming through the last few years under the new youth program are way better in terms of technically ability and skills than the players we produced before. you can see it with all youth players coming through in most belgian clubs, i really think is it no coincidence but really a result of a new approach.
    Thanks. If the Dutch can become a permanent major force in world football, as they did back in the 70s, I don't really see why Belgium can't at least become regular qualifiers and reach the quarter finals or semis from time to time.
  • Options
    This is great, suddenly I have respect for a German