Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

pub crawl

i am attempting to do the monopoly board on 7 oct for a mates stag do. has anyone else done or nearly died trying to do this.
we have a proposed route with time guides. this says that we should be in a pub called the lord moon of the mall (for whitehall) at 10 to 5. i think england are playing at 5 o'clock that afternoon, does anyone know if this pub is likely to have the game on.
our suggested timetable takes us to the following pubs during the match are sherlock holmes (northumberland ave), ye olde cheshire cheese (fleet street), the wellington (the strand), the marquess of anglesea (bow street) and the chandos (trafalgar square).
comments on these also would be appreciated.

Comments

• I like The Chandos. My grandad named his house after it if that's any recommendation. I had some friends who did the circle line but not the monopoly board.
  • Ye Olde Chesire Cheese is a great boozer - very dark, with lots of little alcoves everywhere. Mind your head though going up and down some of the stairs - there are some very low ceilings !
  • I once tried to do the circle line pub crawl (where you get off at each stop on the circle line and have a drink in tne nearest boozer). Did about three quarters of it then was violently sick and had to go home. Never again !!
  • edited September 2006
    The Moon on the Mall - no tv but I think the Sherlock and the Wellington do. I dont recall a tv in the Marquess of Anglesea. All these boozers are ok but would not spend too long in them, so your pub crawl is ideal. I would be more concerned with all the walking involved getting to these pubs than the drinking hic!
  • [cite] DA_6:[/cite]I once tried to do the circle line pub crawl (where you get off at each stop on the circle line and have a drink in tne nearest boozer). Did about three quarters of it then was violently sick and had to go home. Never again !!

call yourself a man?
  • Sherlock Holmes in Northumberland Avenue is an awful pub - tourist trap.

"Gee Chuck did Sherlock and Dr Watson really live here?"

Only pub in the rd so neck it and on your way.
  • [cite] Curb_It:[/cite]
    [cite] DA_6:[/cite]I once tried to do the circle line pub crawl (where you get off at each stop on the circle line and have a drink in tne nearest boozer). Did about three quarters of it then was violently sick and had to go home. Never again !!

call yourself a man?

Yes, but a lightweight man !!! ;-)