Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Capital one cup draw - COLCHESTER UNITED Home

edited June 2014 in General Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Will our pitch be ready ?
  • Options
    Anyone know what the Date will be?
  • Options
    Tuesday the 12th or Wednesday the 13th of August
  • Options
    Gawd hope its not the latter... thats the missus' birthday
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Boo! Boring.

Actually though, I expect a crowd of over 24k, all coming to look at the pitch.
  • Options
    Millwall at home the same week.
  • Options

Gawd hope its not the latter... thats the missus' birthday

Take her for a prematch meal and the full hospitality bit, I'm sure she'd understand :-)
  • Options
    Full Round 1 Draw:

Oldham Athletic v Middlesbrough
    Shrewsbury Town v Blackpool
    Sheffield Wednesday v Notts County
    Tranmere Rovers v Nottingham Forest
    Leeds United v Accrington Stanley
    Bolton Wanderers v Bury
    Rochdale v Preston North End
    Rotherham United v Fleetwood Town
    Carlisle United v Derby County
    Port Vale v Hartlepool United
    Morecambe v Bradford City
    Barnsley v Crewe Alexandra
    Chesterfield v Huddersfield Town
    Blackburn Rovers v Scunthorpe United
    Burton Albion v Wigan Athletic
    York City v Doncaster Rovers
    Sheffield United v Mansfield Town
    Reading v Newport County
    Bristol City v Oxford United
    Brighton & Hove Albion v Cheltenham Town
    Coventry City v Cardiff City
    Luton Town v Swindon Town
    Dagenham & Redbridge v Brentford
    Charlton Athletic v Colchester United
    Crawley Town v Ipswich Town
    Wolverhampton Wanderers v Northampton Town
    Yeovil Town v Gillingham
    Milton Keynes Dons v AFC Wimbledon
    Exeter City v AFC Bournemouth
    Stevenage v Watford
    Plymouth Argyle v Leyton Orient
    Birmingham City v Cambridge Untied
    Portsmouth v Peterborough United
    Millwall v Wycombe Wanderers
    Southend United v Walsall

Ties to be played week commencing 11th August 2014.
  • Options
    Oxford away to Bristol City...
    Huddersfield away to Chesterfield...

:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MK Dons vs AFC Wimbledon will the TV game no doubt.
  • Options
    Someone pointed out that a few years ago we had arranged a pre-season game with Reading and then drew them in the cup and cancelled the pre-season,i wonder if we'll do it again?
  • Options
    MK Dons v Wimbledon is worth staying at home for if played on the same night as us.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

MK Dons v Wimbledon is worth staying at home for if played on the same night as us.

Given our fans love of this competition early on, I think most of them won't need an excuse to stay at home :-0
  • Options
    Can't see us playing Col U in a friendly now. A couple of years ago we were due to host Reading but it got called off because we were due to play them in the Carling Cup a couple of weeks later.
  • Options
    trying to drag a few people from work along
  • Options
    I'm on holiday for this, so all in all a perfectly anonymous and boring tie to miss :-)
  • Options
    yesterday I found out that I had won a night away followed by a days sailing around the Isle of Wight upon my boss' yatch............date being tues 12th Aug.

first home game in years that I will miss - unless I somehow swerve a days sailing ..................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know its has not been announced but what do we reckon ticket prices will be

I see its been announced all first round matches are kids for a quid
    http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/news/article/family-friendly-start-for-capital-one-cup-1646005.aspx
  • Options
    So we had zero chance of drawing Huddersfield, as the ties are clearly divided North & South.

North, down as far as the Sheff U tie & South thereafter.
  • Options

yesterday I found out that I had won a night away followed by a days sailing around the Isle of Wight upon my boss' yatch............date being tues 12th Aug.

first home game in years that I will miss - unless I somehow swerve a days sailing ..................

Go out on that boat cos you know Charlton in the cup certainly won't be plain sailing.
  • Options
    I was hoping for Oxford.
  • Options
    Will it be Kins (asst manager) first return in a formal capacity? If it is, his standing ovation ought to be very long and very loud. Kins is one of our very best ever players.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Will it be Kins (asst manager) first return in a formal capacity? If it is, his standing ovation ought to be very long and very loud. Kins is one of our very best ever players.

He should be, however Lennie has been back as Assistant Manager a few times now and it never gets a mention
  • Options

Someone pointed out that a few years ago we had arranged a pre-season game with Reading and then drew them in the cup and cancelled the pre-season,i wonder if we'll do it again?

Maybe, although a factor in that was that both the matches were at The Valley, I think. It was as much to do with public interest as tactical advantage. I doubt if an away friendly would have any bearing on the home attendance for the cup game.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

He played for villa against us and got a great ovation