Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Growing a beard

Comments

• Options
    I cant really grow one.
    Hair is too fine and too many patchy gaps on cheeks.

I put this down to being more evolutionarily advanced than beard growers, in that I do not need that hair to keep me warm unlike back in the cavemen days.
  • Options
    Or if you are a US Republican - God has decreed me unworthy to wear a beard.
  • Options
    Beards and definitely "in" at the moment.

That's why f*ckin got rid of mine an hour ago :)
  • Options
    google eurovision 2014
  • Options
    I always have stubble of some sort but I'm sporting a proper one atm. My mates think it's class, but every bird I know and have met thinks it looks ridiculous. Couldn't care less though, beards ftw.
  • Options
    Work get the hump with beards I think, am able to sport about 4/5 days stubble before it becomes itchy and I have to shave, the missus prefers the 4/5 day look and reckons I should just get a beard trimmer, must admit I'm tempted as I proper hate shaving !!!
  • Options
    RedMist said:

thought this was another paulie thread... actually you could ask his Nan what she thinks?

Why? Does she have one?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Beard = Geography teacher

Edit - or a late 80s term for telling a lie
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also I seem to remember a derogatory 70's term for a women's vagina. Thank God society is past all this nonsense...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I've had a beard for around 7 years until a month ago. I wet shaved it off and then bought myself a £10 electric rotary shaver from Asda. I find it gives me that slightly unshaven look that is so popular among the young these days. That's as far as my male grooming goes, since an unfortunate experience with Brut and spots when I was 16. Think tiny red LEDs.
  • Options
    Grown a few times over the years, this year was the longest I've ever had one - grew it for about three months and shaved last weekend. I tell you what, it feels odd now without it, it's amazing how quick you get used to it.

In keeping with being half Spanish and getting the worst of both worlds, it grows ridiculously fast, but I have two gaps on my chin, so have to grow a Merv Hughes with added goatee. Shaved just the goatee at first and looked like an extra from Emmerdale farm, so the lot had to go.

I found the hair on my cheeks grew outwards as fast as it did down, so made me look like I'd been living on a desert island for a year.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Shaved the full beard off a few weeks ago...got lots of compliments even though it was very grey/white...I loved it while the wife hated it (reason to keep it I guess...)...shaved it off to go on a cycling trip last week (didn't want an even more sweaty face) and am now back at the grey stubble phase...currently deciding whether to keep or shave...will depend how much my wife goes on about it...
  • Options
    I have to grow mine, I'm going for a comb over!
  • Options
    I fckin love my beard.... been on and off for about a year now. Trim it to a 4mm/5mm down the cheeks with the extra growth under the chin... definitely got to trim the top lip. Not good for kissing the ladies, and definitely a pain in the arse when drinking beer! There are a few conditioners out there.. but as mentioned, head and shoulders does the job. Remember to exfoliate underneath your beard as well as the skin can get a little dry and flakey... don't forget there is a face under that hair!!
    ... New squeeze says she likes the tickle.. you can work that one out for yourself ;o) (#clungesponge)
    Check out the Aussie band 'the Beards'... they have Beards... they sing about Beards... they're great....Beards.
  • Options
    Some very funny replies.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Looks like she has had something done to her beak, it was in a bad way a few years back.
  • Options
    Grew a beard in Covid Lockdown 1. Made me look like a murderer or sex offender, so very handy when you want to keep social distancing around you when outside.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    I've been growing one on and off all year. When I say that, I'm shaving about once every 3 weeks. Grow beard, get bored, start again, get bored. It looks good to a point then it doesnt look so cool when the grey hairs are clearly visible. Have decided to invest in a trimmer and will keep it short I think.
    Well the trimmer was a revelation, so much so I've kept the beard for almost 10 years now.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Looks like she has had something done to her beak, it was in a bad way a few years back.

She looks like a duck.  I dont know whether to buy her a drink or throw her some bread!
  • Options
    edited January 17
    I started growing tash and beard when a teenager and although sometimes a goatee, other times a full beard, have had a beard (apart from shaving it all off twice, which only lasted a few weeks) all my adult life, I am nearly 80.
    Unfortunately, it is not so thick now, but when you have an ugly chin like me, you get used to a beard. 
    Some it suits, others not
  • Options
    R0TW said:

She looks like a duck.  I dont know whether to buy her a drink or throw her some bread!
    You'll have to get her off the sunbed first.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I started growing tash and beard when a teenager and although sometimes a goatee, other times a full beard, have had a beard (apart from shaving it all off twice, which only lasted a few weeks) all my adult life, I am nearly 80.
    Unfortunately, it is not so thick now, but when you have an ugly chin like me, you get used to a beard. 
    Some it suits, others not
    Take the beard off, you'll look ten years younger.
  • Options

Looks like she needs a dentist as well.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Got her tits done though, priorities and all that.

As big as her nostrils.