Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

France vs Switzerland

2»

Comments

• Options
    Oh come off it. It was already 15 seconds over the 3 minutes.
  • Options

So whats your point?

• Options
    Nicholas said:

So whats your point?

Imagine we are winning 1-0 against Palace. The extra time is given as 3 minutes. Exactly on three minutes a Palace player breaks clear.

What would you like to happen immediately?

a. The ref blows, because 3 minutes is 3 minutes, or

b, the ref says, oh this looks interesting, lets just see what Palace do here...

Did I really have to explain that to you?
  • Options
    Yes because everyone knows it's a minimum of 3 minutes except you obviously my apologies.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Yes because everyone knows it's a minimum of 3 minutes except you obviously my apologies.

@Nicholas fair point, and I apologise for being arsey.

But don't you agree that its all very well wanting to see what happens when you are at home watching the World Cup, but its a different matter when we are clinging on to a lead and wondering why the hell the ref hasn't blown the whistle? Like I said, you don't want him to 'see what happens' then, do you.

I believe it should be like in ice hockey. A line side official tracks all the relevant stoppages, and then the hooter goes, and thats the end of it. And ideally, all of us in the stadium should be able to see exactly when the clock stops. Why shouldn't we?
  • Options
    Apologies for being arsey too prob cos I have Benzema to be top scorer and France to be top scorers of world cup in a bet.

Don't agree it should be like Ice hockey as it poses a new controversy if someone bangs a goal in the same time as a whistle goes. I still think injury time should favor the attacking team and once say the 3 minutes is up they should carry on until the ball is cleared to safety i.e. booted away so the attack has to start again or smashed out of play except for a corner for the whistle to go. Think it adds to the excitement.