Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who cares??

I've spent the last 24 hours listening to "football fans" moaning about Roy, Gerrard, Rooney, England generally,etc....

Now look. While I have some sympathy (I always want England to win) I turned to my boys on Thursday and said "only a few weeks till the season starts, chin up"

So while there are 720 days until the Euros and I'm sorry for all the armchair fans, I don't really care that much. My only desire reports back on Monday and that's all my heart really cares about.

Meanwhile I have to suffer another two weeks of "Woy this" and "Woy that" down the pub.

England is cool for uniting this great country of ours.... but now that is out the way COYR!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Me
  • Options

Now look. While I have some sympathy (I always want England to win)/blockquote>

Your user name suggests otherwise

Hes better than welbeck
  • Options
    Couldnt your brain have thought of another topic ???
    Are you Scottish?
    Tossa.
  • Options

I've spent the last 24 hours listening to "football fans" moaning about Roy, Gerrard, Rooney, England generally,etc....

Now look. While I have some sympathy (I always want England to win) I turned to my boys on Thursday and said "only a few weeks till the season starts, chin up"

So while there are 720 days until the Euros and I'm sorry for all the armchair fans, I don't really care that much. My only desire reports back on Monday and that's all my heart really cares about.

Meanwhile I have to suffer another two weeks of "Woy this" and "Woy that" down the pub.

England is cool for uniting this great isle of ours.... but now that is out the way COYR!!!!

England can't even unite "this great isle of ours" - I blame Roy (and Edward 1st) !

Completely agree though, international football is just a distraction before the real misery resumes.

• Options
    Another knobhead useless thread
    .why do I waste my time opening these???
  • Options
    Actually it does not unit our isle as the scots will be loving our defeat
  • Options
    I care. I want England and Charlton to do well. When your club team struggle to stay in the league and then watching your National team fail miserably wears you down. When I stop caring I will take up knitting.
  • Options
    Of course I would love to see England win the World Cup. But I was 10 times more gutted when we lost to Barnsley than after Uruguay. But above that, it's only a flipping football game. Look at what Malcom, Coops and their family have been through? Not forgetting the other hardships you read about here. Makes some of the reactions on here look positively embarrassing.
  • Options

Another knobhead useless thread
    .why do I waste my time opening these???

Or waste time commenting on them........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I care
  • Options
    England twists the knife, nothing is better when England are doing well, the general public are more friendly and it's great seeing the flags out.

But time and time again the failure really hurts, after losing to Italy I felt really positive despite not really thinking we had a clue prior to the WC.
  • Options
    I'm lamenting our performance in the world cup, but what's done is done. It is time to move on and let the dust settle, but I do care enough that I wan't to see the future of English international football sorted out. However, now is not the time to resolve the future as good decisions are rarely made in the heat of the moment.

I guess I'm half with you on this one Leaburn - I'm definitely in favour of forgetting about Brazil 14 and worrying about CAFC 14/15!

• Options
    I do feel a bit for some of the players and Hodgson as I think they went to do their best and in the first game were unlucky.

Its disappointing but maybe not a surprise.

Just have to enjoy the rest of what has been an excellent World Cup (and the other sports)
  • Options

Are you Scottish?
    Tossa.

Have I missed something here? Totally bizarre and uncalled for response!

• Options

Are you Scottish?
    Tossa.

Still raw for those who don't share the posters mindset (I do). IMO gets a pass but needs a filter change.
  • Options
    I kind of agree, my whole Facebook becomes taken over by "Experts" who have never watched a live game of football in their life, same with Work, people telling me this and that when they in fact are clueless. Give me club football and going to games every day of the week.
  • Options

I kind of agree, my whole Facebook becomes taken over by "Experts" who have never watched a live game of football in their life, same with Work, people telling me this and that when they in fact are clueless. Give me club football and going to games every day of the week.

Absolutely spot on, the Sky fans have not got a clue. Totally different mindset to people who go week in week out.
    Geezer at work 'supports' Tottenham. Chelsea play in the champions league and starts saying they are unlucky blah blah blah. Any self respecting spurs fan would not say a good word about Chelsea. He actually said that he did not care whether Arsenal won the FA Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Are you Scottish?
    Tossa.

What is it you think is bizarre????? Is it to do with the Scottish reference ? If so, then let me elaborate ...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-27939845
    If its not that, then what else is there in my statement that you dont quite comprehend?
  • Options
    Just done a quick survey down my street and all my faceache followers and Yes, they care!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll be honest Englands demise has hurt me more than it ever has before
    and I'll put that down to my footballing love which is usually 99% Charlton 1% England having shifted to 90% Charlton 10% England
    and that's all down to the freaky odd way our Belgian owner has gone about running our club and yes I know he's done a lot of good for us but it just feels a bit weird to me

*and I still haven't gotten over SCP not being here*

And our new kit is proper shit
  • Options
    I care also. Its a shame we are such a let down. would be nice to get the whole nation back behind the national team. Our england team at the moment is very poor.
  • Options
    I am disappointed that England exited the World Cup early.

When I lived in London I went to most of the England games at Wembley.

I look at it slightly differently now and I would rather see Charlton win the FA cup or qualify for Europe by finishing top 6 in the Prem than England win a major tournament (however unlikely all of those may be).

• Options

I look at it slightly differently now and I would rather see Charlton win the FA cup or qualify for Europe by finishing top 6 in the Prem than England win a major tournament (however unlikely all of those may be).

Think you speak for most there.
  • Options
    I had tried very hard not to get excited about England at the WC - they have let me down for 40 odd years! When we went out however i was still fu......g gutted and still am so yes i care - England doing well at a tournament puts a smile on every ones face apart from the jocks obviously which makes it even better !
  • Options
    Im over it now, enjoying the rest of this great World Cup & looking forward to all the new signings for Charlton but for no reason that i can work out in my own head, i was really up for this World Cup.

So i was really gutted on Tuesday night, not felt like that about England since 1998 when i was a kid.
  • Options

But not all.

I like as many people as possible to be happy, and England winning the world cup would make the whole nation happy, more important to me than our little corner of SE London having bragging rights over the Nigels and spanners for a couple of years, much as I would enjoy it if I could have both...
  • Options
    Before the tournament started, I predicted we'd fail to get out of the group.

So am I shocked? nope.

Do I care? hell yeah.................
  • Options
    The Ice cream van just been round my road, he's Italian and he don't care!
  • Options

But not all.

I like as many people as possible to be happy, and England winning the world cup would make the whole nation happy, more important to me than our little corner of SE London having bragging rights over the Nigels and spanners for a couple of years, much as I would enjoy it if I could have both...
    That is fair enough, but for me by a mile I go club before country.