Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last night with Murray and Pards

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
don't worry AFKA I won't spill the beans.

Just wanted to say it was a fantastic night - thought Alan was excellent had me in stitches with the burger man.

He certainly came across very well

Oh yeah and the Lady who nicked my Souley question grrrrrrrrr-- was that Curb It??

Comments

• Options
    Surely some things can be disclosed?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2007
    bloody hell
  • Options
    Why can't you tell the people who were unable to make the meeting what happened .
  • Options
    because they asked us not to

the burger inicident i am sure i can - some bloke stood up and asked richard murray about some burger vans and Pardew interuppted him and said I ain't here to talk about bloody burgers -- was very funny.
  • Options
    actually thought there was very little there that hasn't ben said before. Board had made mistakes, but hand had been forced. Pards doing best to rectify previous mistakes. Pards looking for the club to be more ambitious and not so 'nice'.

Very confident character, great with an audience, and doesn't suffer fools. Droning bloke asking a question quickly got shot down. Very, very different to a Curbs forum.

Some people make me laugh though. Have a great run, get back in there, get given an audience with the manager, and all they want to do is moan. Unbelievable.
  • Options
    Did Al tell you whether or not we were staying up?
  • Options
    I don't understand why it can't be bloody repeated whats the problem
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Did Al tell you whether or not we were staying up?

No, but he did reveal that Rommedahl is Danish
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]I don't understand why it can't be bloody repeated whats the problem

I can understand that some things may be picked up on by the press and show us in a bad light.

Generic stuff can be repeated though, as AFKA has done.
  • Options
    'Pards looking for the club to be more ambitious and not so 'nice'.'

E.X.C.E.L.L.E.N.T! How long have I been saying that!

Does this mean we're going to get Paul Miller back??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No, Lee Bowyer LOL
  • Options
    isnt a recording going to be put on the official site tho.

Cor blimey slightly different to the Fans forum with Curbs! Al has a sense of humour....

what about that bloke who went on... "one thing i've noticed about you is that your questions are really long" he growled at him. It was true tho.

yes arfur sorry that was me.
  • Options
    so, has RM apologised to Souley?
  • Options
    lol no worries curb it

yes WSS he has but he explained how it came about a mike was thrust under his nose after the wycombe game and he was pissed and he just said waht he said. did say he apologised to souley very quickly as he is a big man
  • Options
    The overall impression is that as well as knowing we have a chairman and board we can trust who admit to making mistakes but are sure that at the time they had little option and have learned from them quickly.

We also have at our helm a warm, articulate, intelligent and funny man who wants to win things with the club he manages and not just exist.

People thought I was writing notes to relay information to other fans who couldn't be there. That isn't true, I was actually writing a message to my family, just in case I didn't make it home.

Curb-it was behind me and it became increasingly likely that she was going to rush the stage and rape our manager. As I was directly in front of her line of attack, I feared that I would be harmed in the ensuing stampede.

There was also the possibility that she was going to storm across and twat that guy in the grey shirt who wouldn't let go of the mic, but then I might well have been alongside her at that point. :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]isnt a recording going to be put on the official site tho.

I did ask if I could be allowed to record the evening for broadcast and podcast, but my request was politely declined and having attended the evening I can see why.

I was told that the website would carry details, but I doubt if there will be a recording as it will take some heavy editing, but you never know. I suspect instead there'll be a truncated written account of the evenings proceedings on the website later.
  • Options
    oh god how boring was that bloke
  • Options
    Annoying for those of us who couldn't be there, but I respect the views of Murray etc and we all know what happens when you get misquoted or something is taken out of context. If stuff does get leaked and if the principals get misrepresented then we'll find these Q&A sessions being either curtailed or becoming meaningless.

Just one question...any beans spilled over the on-going Dowie/SJ court case?
  • Options
    For you info that boring bloke was me and I thought my comments and questions were inline with the evenings topics.
  • Options
    I have to say Pards is very sexy...

He wants the atmosphere to be a little more intimidating for the Sheffield Game so leave the clappers at home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]For you info that boring bloke was me and I thought my comments and questions were inline with the evenings topics.

lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I have to say Pards is very sexy...

He wants the atmosphere to be a little more intimidating for the Sheffield Game so leave the clappers at home.

I'm not staying at home ;-)
  • Options

And bring yer petrol bombs instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]

I'm not staying at home ;-)

Morning Happy Clapper!! :-)
  • Options
    i think i said machetes....
    god i shouldnt drink on an empty tum!
  • Options
    What about designating the Sheffield Utd match as a flag day or are they deemed as an offensive weapon?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i think i said machetes....
    god i shouldnt drink on an empty tum!

Yep, you did!

I was getting really scared by that point. Although not as scared as Pards, I suspect. :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]
    Curb-it was behind me and it became increasingly likely that she was going to rush the stage and rape our manager.

LOL, i'm sure the evening was brought to a close as that was looking likely to happen !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Annoying for those of us who couldn't be there, but I respect the views of Murray etc and we all know what happens when you get misquoted or something is taken out of context. If stuff does get leaked and if the principals get misrepresented then we'll find these Q&A sessions being either curtailed or becoming meaningless.

Just one question...any beans spilled over the on-going Dowie/SJ court case?

he said the case is ongoing which we are embroiled in and that we will probably hear about stuff in the future when it all comes out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]

Excellent, time to get the smoke flares out then