Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WHY SO NEGATIVE!?!?

I really sometimes wonder what our supporters want?
Yes, we are in transition, yes we have a "foreign" owner, yes he sacked Chris Powell, and yes he sold Yann Kermorgant.
I have read endless posts saying anything from Charlton has been ripped apart? to some (I think) quite derogatory remarks about our new owner???? Why, what has he done wrong?
Any other manager would have been sacked long before CP, YK was offered a new deal HE turned it down!?
We NOW have a very astute businessman (I know) but hugely successful in his own right in charge (I think most people would agree better than the other shower of shite)
Also a young bright manager, signing some new players, a brand new playing surface, I could go on SO WHY are some still unhappy?
Why not just go with it and see how it turns out?
And I think some should show a bit more respect for Mr Duchatelet, I have never met him have no real ambition to meet him but I for one are grateful for his ownership, I dread to think where we would be without his ££££££
So come on you "fellow addicks" let us embrace the "new era" at the club we love and get behind our new owner, manager, team!!!!!!
COYR

Comments

• Options
    well said that man, loving the WC at the moment and then can't wait for the season to start......I even like our new kit!
  • Options
    People share different views - that's the beauty of our world. People can stick a positive spin on things as much as they can a negative one, the only real proof is in the pudding this season and in the seasons to come with him at the helm of our club. I will support our team and manager, and applaud RD on taking our club forward, but the opposite if he takes our club in the wrong direction
  • Options
    I like your Post Charlie its good stuff and turns a typical arguement on its head.

I for one have been very negative about RD and this charlton "uncertainty" Athletic club we now find ourselves supporting. We are not used to it and I judge people on the evidence of decisions they have made.

He has not impressed me as an owner but, underneath it all, he has done good things, mostly highlighting the £700,000 spent on sorting out our darn pitch.

I, personally, will be a better supporter and embrace the new running of the football club from now on, because, at the end of the day, thats all you can do.

Looking forward to the new season and backing RD.
  • Options
    That's the spirit. I couldn't agree any more.
  • Options

I have adopted a negative position - but if the evidence is provided to the contrary I will become positive. My view is that RD has been in charge long enough to make a judgement - if we make some good signings, I won't be negative for the sake of it - if I think we have a decent team next season I will be positive. Surely there are only two reasonable positions - to comment negatively on the transfer activity to date or to wait for some positive activity and highlight that when it arrives!

You say sacking Powell was inevitable - it wasn't from my perspective - that is opinion - but my opinion is reasonable. You say we have a bright new manager - I don't know enough about him to be excited at this point. You say Kermogant was offered a contract like it was a simple as that!

There are some signs that we might start to get some positive developments - let's wait and see what they are and call them for what they are!

Correct.
  • Options
    Well said Charlie, but whether we like it or not the glass half empty brigade will always look for the negatives even if none exist, they will soon invent some. It is up to us positive types to accentuate the good things that are happening, if we were to reach the play-offs this season the GHE brigade would be complaining that we didn't go up automatically. I may be wrong but I can't help thinking that the brigade must struggle to enjoy a happy life. Reminds me of the Glums from the old Jimmy Edwards Show. Me, I am looking forward to this season very much. Bring it on !
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

It is possible to be supportive, critical and questioning all at the same time you know. Why does everything have to be full support without question or question and don't support?

I agree DRA, no ones saying it has to be 100% all the time, but the Negatives haven't given RD a chance, look at what he's done from the off, sacked the manager when we were bottom of the league (fact), playing defensive football (fact) and heading for league 1 (probable). He appointed a manager who kept us up (fact). And just for the above reason he should be applauded, not pulled apart by keyboard know alls who think they can do it better. Its shameful some of the comments on here about RD, its as embarrassing as the booing David Mooney got when he waited to come on as sub. Probably the same losers.
  • Options
    And plans for the development of the academy! I think the future looks good!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    particularly like your comment about showing a bit more respect towards Mr Duchatelet.
  • Options
    I actually think we could be the surprise package this season. Dark horses.
  • Options
    That is a 'yep' from me
  • Options
    I always say the championship is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. A slow start and a strong finish is what's needed.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Well said Charlie, but whether we like it or not the glass half empty brigade will always look for the negatives even if none exist, they will soon invent some. It is up to us positive types to accentuate the good things that are happening, if we were to reach the play-offs this season the GHE brigade would be complaining that we didn't go up automatically. I may be wrong but I can't help thinking that the brigade must struggle to enjoy a happy life. Reminds me of the Glums from the old Jimmy Edwards Show. Me, I am looking forward to this season very much. Bring it on !

Whether the glass is half full or half empty it is still not totally full.
  • Options
    Said it before... Could be worse.. could have just been relegated to the Southern Premier like Hereford United after they did have a dodgy chairman come in!!
  • Options
    inegative, nahhhh....i'm feeling very good about the new season...the anxiety is just about being a charlton supporter....for example, the sequence i look at when the fixtures come out each year: 1) first game, 2) the last 5 games...it's just that i've been trained to worry since my early days in the 60's. i do have my concerns about the new regime, ie. what alex dyer said in recent slp interview, but all in all, so much happier that we are financially firm now, unlike bad old days under some really dodgy owner/manager combos.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

It is possible to be supportive, critical and questioning all at the same time you know. Why does everything have to be full support without question or question and don't support?

Agreed. I support the RD takeover and believe we are in a much better position than this time last year, but have concerns about our identity as a club, etc.

• Options
    completely agree draddick/stevietwells. re takeovers in general though, other teams when bought, seem to tout BILLIONaires, our bloke is a 400 odd MILLIONaire, nice pile and all that, but understandable that he is more fiscally prudent than the average sheik or oilygarch...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I always say the championship is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. A slow start and a strong finish is what's needed.

No forgetting sublime ball handling at the back and strong men who can open their legs and show their class at the front.
    then, stand back, light your pipe and admire your handiwork.

• Options
    It is a well known scientific fact that people who are positive in life live longer than people with a negative attitude. I am with Large on this one, Whatever Bob or RD or KM say is turned against them. Let it happen and see how it pans out.
  • Options

the negatively is really getting on my tits now. Whatever happens the same old people put a negative spin on it. Hey it may goes tits up but I'm quite looking forward to next season under Bobby.

Nope. Nobodys moaning apparently. This is a happy place and we should all bore off.
  • Options
    all the anti new regime stuff is kind of understandable, yann incident, dodgy keeper etc. etc., however, where was all the vitriol when messrs slater and jimanez were fumbling while rome burned? is it an anti-foreigner vibe i scent? sure, club identity is vital, but do i hear top prem club fans complaining? imo, our only option is to wait n see what the first quarter season or so brings...and if poyet is on board still, that will be convincing evidence of the owner's commitment!
  • Options
    Granpa said:

if we were to reach the play-offs this season the GHE brigade would be complaining that we didn't go up automatically.

I don't think that is true at all.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

I have been saying the same thing 'til I am blue in the face. Those that want to see every questioning statement as being anti-RD or negative in some way don't want to listen.
  • Options
    A big positive is usually season ticket sales because it is a measure of supporter confidence, allegiance, and commitment. Anybody know the latest total?
  • Options
    Greenie said:

DRAddick said:

I agree DRA, no ones saying it has to be 100% all the time, but the Negatives haven't given RD a chance, look at what he's done from the off, sacked the manager when we were bottom of the league (fact), playing defensive football (fact) and heading for league 1 (probable). He appointed a manager who kept us up (fact). And just for the above reason he should be applauded, not pulled apart by keyboard know alls who think they can do it better. Its shameful some of the comments on here about RD, its as embarrassing as the booing David Mooney got when he waited to come on as sub. Probably the same losers.
    Sacked manager - same manager who got us promoted with a record points total - with one of the lowest budgets got us to within 3 points of the play offs the season before last - had a number of games in hand this season - your fact isn't quite so clear cut now. May be proven to be right - may be rpoven to be wrong! Your next point - playing defensive football - that in iteslf isn't a reason to sack a manager surely? I don't agree that we would have been relagated under Powell as long as he was supported by the owner - so open to opinion. Yes it is a fact that he appointed a manager who kept us up and it was also a fact that he didn't offer him the job this season- which the majority of fans wanted. May agian prove to be right, but could prove to be wrong.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Im more positive about things but we do seem to have a small number people on both sides who have already decided everything is great or everything is terrible, equally are tiresome.

Do we need to have the constant battles on here?
  • Options
    We are a forum so we should give our views - what we should not do is attack others for having a counter view. The point I am making is that it is perfectly reasonable to have a negative view- as long as positive developments adjust that when they come.