Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Belgium v South Korea

Can Belgium make it three out of three? Not looked overly impressive in winning two previous games

Comments

• Watching that Belgium corner just now has Danny Green discovered some Belgian relatives?
  • Belgium down to 10
  • Clive Tyldsley made me laugh, not because of what he said but how he said it,
    It was a bit dull then suddenly he said there has been a card, oh it was a red one
  • Small things....
  • This group has generated so much comment
  • Belgium and Algeria will both be knocked out in the next round. Damn, a young England team did have a pretty tough group when u think about it.We would have been gotten through to play Germany if we had been drawn in this group
  • Belgium and Algeria will both be knocked out in the next round. Damn, a young England team did have a pretty tough group when u think about it.We would have been gotten through to play lose heavily to Germany if we had been drawn in this group

I agree. This group was weak. But the only one England might have progressed from.
  • Congrats Belgium and byl, all 9 points. Nice one.
  • IA said:

Belgium and Algeria will both be knocked out in the next round. Damn, a young England team did have a pretty tough group when u think about it.We would have been gotten through to play lose heavily to Germany if we had been drawn in this group

I agree. This group was weak. But the only one England might have progressed from.
    Don't agree with that, we are a developing side and the last 16 would be our absolute limit but we could have got through other groups too.

In particular, Groups C, E, F or H would have been easier to get out of.

The real problem for England - with our weak defence - was facing two top-class finishers in Balotelli and Suarez.

There are other teams in there who are about the same technical level as Italy and Uruguay but they lack goal-scorers.
  • I've said before that I think the two teams from group C will knock out the two from D.

E, F, H. Replacing France, Bosnia and Russia. Possibly F and H
  • Sponsored links:

• bylbyl
    edited June 2014
    we even rested 6 players for this game - so it was actually belgium B vs Korea. still pleased with the 9 points though.

looking forward to the USA game - cannot imagine we would loose from the usa. we didn't have to to show our best game yet but it will be there when needed. in the qualis we were not top against the "smaller" nations, just made sure we did get the win. Our most difficult games, in serbia, in croatia and in schotland, we upped our gamed and outclassed them plain and simple.

Best defence in the tournament so far (only a stupid PK conceded) after also having the best defence in qualifiers. That combined with enough individual talent up front to score from nowhere makes ppl think we have a shot.
    USA - Argentina/switzerland - netherlands/mexico/costa rica/greece to reach the final -- it's doable :)

Interesting fact: Belgium never ever lost a game with Thibaut Courtois as GK (he has 20 caps for belgium now). Crazy to think this guy just turned 22 a month ago and already has over a 100 clean sheets under his belt in 4 seasons, most of them in primera division, european cups level and international level.

• Riding your luck byl.
    Best defence...................not sure.
    Offense.....................poor.
    The USA won't be an easy game.
    Can't see you getting past Argentina so you better hope the Swiss beat them.
    If you do make it, imagine a dream semi against the Dutch then France in the final. LOL
  • best defence are just stats - 1 goal against in the world cup from a PK that was really dumb to concede, no team has done better. Also best defence in the european qualifiers, statistically. So we are hard to score against (up til now).

i'm really with happy USA as an opponent myself, at least you know how they play and what they are capable of, USA is just a really decent national team- never extremely good, never poor - huge workrate - just stable. Saw all three games of the USA and i didn't see any stuff that scares me alot.

Portugal and Ghana are more unpredictable than usa.

Ofc we can loose to the USA, but i think the odds are good for us against them.

• I am glad to see Belgium do well but in all honesty I think they have been nowhere near their best so far, they don't seem to have really found their flow at all just yet - but they have still won three from three.