Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luke Shaw

2»

Comments

• Options
    Insane amount of money. How are the smaller clubs meant to compete?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Insane amount of money. How are the smaller clubs meant to compete?

By selling players for £30m+...it'll never change.
  • Options
    Better value than Lallana at £25m by the way.
  • Options
    Nothing will ever top £35m for Andy Carroll.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Except £50m for Torres

• Options

Has anyone seen the shocking news that he begged a 23 year-old Playboy model for a threesome on the night England's WC exit was confirmed? I know some footballers are wild (and the girl might just want some publicity) but doing things like that when you still have one big game ahead is really beyond belief. 33m (and a lot more than our whole club's worth) for such a not-so-mature player is.... well, I don't know what to say. Those top clubs in the Prem can pay whatever they want to. They're just in a completely different world from ours.....

does it really matter what they get up to in their sex lives? Begging is a bit thirsty but at least he wasn't forcing himself on her/raping her.

Has anyone seen the shocking news that he begged a 23 year-old Playboy model for a threesome on the night England's WC exit was confirmed? I know some footballers are wild (and the girl might just want some publicity) but doing things like that when you still have one big game ahead is really beyond belief. 33m (and a lot more than our whole club's worth) for such a not-so-mature player is.... well, I don't know what to say. Those top clubs in the Prem can pay whatever they want to. They're just in a completely different world from ours.....

He's 18 and had a chance of a threesome with a playboy model.

Leave the lad to it.

Yeah he's entitled to do whatever he wants as long as he doesn't break the law. But he was flirting with a girl while the whole nation was agonising over its national team's failure at the WC. You feel so frustrated and so sorry for them but they don't seem to feel sorry for themselves. What I, a foreigner, see is just irony. Nothing more than that. And I certainly won't dwell on it. After all, he has absolutely nothing to do with the club I support.
  • Options
    I wish when I was feeling annoyed and pissed off I could go out and have a threesome with a playboy model. Fair play to him.

This whole tabloid mentality of showing outrage of players laughing when sat by the pool after a poor performance. So what? Let them get on with it.
  • Options
    wonder who was the third member of this threesome?

I read that on the day after England were knocked out he got a hug from his Mum in the England hotel foyer. She must have been gutted he missed out on a threesome.
  • Options
    It is a lot but like the Rio deal, he should be a first team member for 10+ years and they shouldn't have to address left back for a very long time whilst having one of the best if not the best in the division which he has the talent to do. The Lallana deal is a lot odder to me.
  • Options
    There is a toothless bloke who sells meat out of a gym bag in my local. He has a similar face to Luke Shaw, but with less fashionable hair. For that reason I’m out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

I wish when I was feeling annoyed and pissed off I could go out and have a threesome with a playboy model. Fair play to him.

This whole tabloid mentality of showing outrage of players laughing when sat by the pool after a poor performance. So what? Let them get on with it.

This. I'd be worried if they weren't allowed to relax. The lad's 18, of course he's going to flirt with hot women and make mistakes, in his private life. I really don't think the knowledge that he tried to ask for a threesome from a playboy model will ever be relevant or mean anything to my life. If it bothers you, get a life.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

C_A_F_C said:

Except £50m for Torres

To be fair, in hindsight it was a very poor bit of business.

Torres was excellent for Liverpool and Spain before he went to Chelsea.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

C_A_F_C said:

Except £50m for Torres

You mean apart from the year prior to his move.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Indeed, although John Hartson for £7m to Wimbledon and Zlatan Ibrahimović for Eto'o + €46 million are close!
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Swisdom said:

C_A_F_C said:

Except £50m for Torres

That'll be the one where he played under the attacking genius that is Roy Hodgson.
  • Options
    3some is nothing I had a 4some once (they were all girls!) these young footballers are slipping!
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Swisdom said:

C_A_F_C said:

Except £50m for Torres

That'll be the one where he played under the attacking genius that is Roy Hodgson.
    And no goals for Spain at the WC. Plenty of people could see that Torres was done when Chelsea came in for him. That's why it was a stupid decision at the time and not just one with hindsight.
  • Options
    Blooming heck, 30mil. You could buy a top left back for 15mil who is 5 years older, and then when he's too old get another for 15mil. At least they would be guaranteed quality. It's a risk.
  • Options

Wasnt the Luke Shaw bid put in straight after the day Manchester United played Southampton on the last match of the season so I doubt talks with van Gaal had even begun...

I'm very sure Van Gaal was already secured before Moyes was sacked.

£27m for a very good player - decent business I think. Hopefully it will help up the Diego argument...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Proper gutted for him, horrible injury and terrible news for england as well. He was having a great start to the season, get well soon luke
  • Options
    Nasty injury poor fella hope he makes a full recovery .
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Poor bloke, had started the season really well too, was pleased he played so well for England last week.
  • Options
    Horrific injury. Poor guy
  • Options
    Just as Luke was showing what a young talent he was again.The random nature of bad luck and a trailing leg of the defender leaves him with the fibula and tibia broken.

194 days: England play Germany in a friendly (26 March, 2016)
    212 days: Henrik Larsson's recovery time after a double leg break
    218 days: Bryan Oviedo's recovery time after a double leg break
    243 days: Final day of the Premier League season (15 May, 2016)
    250 days: FA Cup final (21 May, 2016)
    252 days: Aaron Ramsey's recovery time after a double leg break
    269 days: Euro 2016 begins in France (10 June, 2016)
    296 days: Eduardo's recovery time after a double leg break
    299 days: Euro 2016 final (10 July, 2016)

Hope he can emulate some of the guys above and there are no complication.
  • Options
    Awful injury terrible for the lad I wish him a speedy recovery
  • Options
    Really bad luck, wish him all the best
  • Options
    just as he was getting it all together .. I just hope that the young man is not another Wilshire .. i.e.VERY injury prone
  • Options
    Can't reproduce tweets directly on here, but Sky tweeted that he would be out for the rest of the season because his leg had been amputated. Honestly.Its funny and not funny.
  • Options
    Isn't that the injury Pringle got? Not sure he ever got anywhere near back to par. A lot older though.