Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Couple targeted in violent and sustained attack on South London train

2»

Comments

• Options
    Addicted said:

So does the 'victim surchare' go to the victim? In which case they've had to deal with the initial situation, probably attend court on their own time and assist with enquiries and they get a measly £200 as comp? I think in these cases the guilty party should pay significant more.

No point in jail time as they just get let out anyway but it should at least hit their pockets which may make them think again if they're even capable of complex thought.

No, it does not. Instead it is used to provide funds for various organisations that provide victim support.
    There's the criminal injuries compensation authority but I rather suspect that they wouldn't pay out for a nose bleed. And they could have asked for an order to be made but perhaps didn't?

If they wanted monetary compensation I guess they could start civil proceedings which would presumably have a strong chance of success because of the guilty plea/verdicts. However if the attackers have got no money what's the point? You'd just end up with additional expenditure. Read more here findlaw.co.uk/law/criminal/crime_victims/500074.html