Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nederland vs Estados Unidos Mexicanos

Comments

• Options
    BOOOOOOOOOOM!
  • Options
    Merde. To be fair, they've deserved that though.
  • Options
    I think the keeper might have been unsighted by his own defender there.
  • Options
    Robben is such a cheat
  • Options
    wow
  • Options
    Not sure about that, Robben dragged his foot and went down.
  • Options
    Stupid challenge to make with Robben having knocked the ball too far away from himself. You don't force the ref to make a decision at that stage in the match
  • Options
    Even if there was contact you don't fall like that if tripped, Robben needs stabilizers.
  • Options
    Great match. Chess then Holland had to go for it.
  • Options

Great match. Chess then Holland had to go for it.

Hmmmm, not so sure about the 'great match' - now Brazil v Chile - that was a 'great' match. !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't stand Robben
  • Options

Can't stand Robben

Nor can I. Really don't like him at all. He is an unbelievable player though. Given the draw the Dutch have got they could win this competition with him carrying a very average side.
  • Options

Can't stand Robben

Biggest cheat going.
    Notice in the penalty that he deliberately tripped over himself (watch it closely) just in case he isnt tripped up by a Mexico player.
  • Options
    Gutted by that finish, hoped we would see another of the bigger nations going home, would have loved a guaranteed Semi Finals postion for either Mexico, Costa Rica or Greece.
  • Options

get in there mexico!!! 1-0...hola! i live in mexico, well stolen mexico, ie. el-lay, me n the luv are the only pink faces on the street:>) hope they prevail to the end of the match...

I thought you live in LA. Hmmm.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Why do the scores refer to "Holland" rather than "Netherlands" ? What's the difference between the two ?

Holland is the top bit of the Netherlands by the sea.
  • Options
    Arjen Robben is a pathetic excuse of a human being. Hate the man because of his cheating antics. That said hate the Dutch as well.
  • Options
    Mixed feelings. Heart said Mexico, betting account said Netherlands.
    Hated Robben at Chelsea, and that continues. Until RD signs him up...
  • Options
    sralan said:

Arjen Robben is a pathetic excuse of a human being. Hate the man because of his cheating antics. That said hate the Dutch as well.

All of them ?

• Options

Can't stand Robben

Love him, pure quality.
    He hurdled Marquez like going over beachers brook earlier in the half.
    Could have had 3 pens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember being in LA in the 2002? WC when USA beat Mexico - before the game every other car had a Mexican flag flying - the day after, all the flags had come down - but the Yanks were asking 'why have all the flags come down?' - they just didnt know/care that they had beaten them.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Mixed feelings. Heart said Mexico, betting account said Netherlands.
    Hated Robben at Chelsea, and that continues. Until RD signs him up...

Agree, he and Pires at the Woolwich rejects moved the diving up onto a whole new level.

• Options
    Only the ones that tell me and my wife to f**k off back to our own country when they hear us talking English. They really are a racist nation.
  • Options
    I am gutted that Holland won. When I was a kid I loved them; they played beautiful football and could do things that no-one else could. It seemed that they could do everything. Everything that is except win. Then, after a while of being the nearly-men, that seemed to change. They became cynical, hardened and dirty. For me they are summed up by Arjen Robben, a dirty little cheat who has the ability to go down in history as a great footballer, but for me will always be thought of as a snidey, temperamental diver who would sell his granny for a sniff of a medal. He is to Dutch football what John Terry was to the English game - in fact, from that point of view I can't believe that he's not still at Chelsea.

Then you have Robin van Persie, a man with more skill than he has a right to, but who still wants to sully it all by stripping defenders' shirts off of them. Sadly, in the world of modern football, it seems that no-one is innocent anymore. But Holland are more guilty that most. I hope they are well and truly stuffed in the next round, no matter who they play.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I am gutted that Holland won. When I was a kid I loved them; they played beautiful football and could do things that no-one else could. It seemed that they could do everything. Everything that is except win. Then, after a while of being the nearly-men, that seemed to change. They became cynical, hardened and dirty. For me they are summed up by Arjen Robben, a dirty little cheat who has the ability to go down in history as a great footballer, but for me will always be thought of as a snidey, temperamental diver who would sell his granny for a sniff of a medal. He is to Dutch football what John Terry was to the English game - in fact, from that point of view I can't believe that he's not still at Chelsea.

Then you have Robin van Persie, a man with more skill than he has a right to, but who still wants to sully it all by stripping defenders' shirts off of them. Sadly, in the world of modern football, it seems that no-one is innocent anymore. But Holland are more guilty that most. I hope they are well and truly stuffed in the next round, no matter who they play.

I hope they go all the way.

• Options
    Well played Mexico, only scrapped into the World cup thanks to a 93rd min USA goal.
    Wish England could play with their heart.
  • Options

Stig said:

Because of their honesty or some other reason?
  • Options

Stig said:

Costa Rica or Greece in next round. An evening game too so conditions may be more suitable. Can't see them slipping up against either of these 2.

• Options
    1StevieG said:

Stig said:

Costa Rica or Greece in next round. An evening game too so conditions may be more suitable. Can't see them slipping up against either of these 2.

Hollands effectiveness would be halved by making sure the ref is aware very early of Robben's diving.
  • Options

Didnt Kuyt play on the left wing in first half and then right wing in second?
    ie not in the shade the whole game - yet still pelting up and down the wing?

Dirk Kuyt would be the first name on my team sheet every time. Hasn't got the skill of Robben or Van Persie, but what a team player, never lets you down. Surprised Liverpool let him go to be honest.