Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Sullivan (the goalie) - now over in Las Vegas (p2)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Best of luck for the future John.
  • Options
    I've always kept an eye on him since he left as he always seemed a really nice guy. And looked a good laugh. Good luck to him in whatever he does. And if he ever wanted to get back into football, I'd have him at Charlton as backup. Great lad.
  • Options
    good luck to him.

I remember watching him and thinking he wasn’t much good as a goalkeeper so I’m glad he found his calling
  • Options
    Pleased for him - seems happy.
  • Options
    Wouldnt recognise him in that last photo now... Great to see he's doing so well
  • Options
    Glad he is doing well but he looks like he enjoys the American sized portions
  • Options
    I follow him on Instagram. Seems to be smashing it out there, fair play.

And some of the properties you can get in Vegas compared to over here for similar costs is insane!
  • Options
    A lot of people saying how he seemed happy. One of my oldest friends took his own life after falling into depression during lockdown. You look at any picture of him going back the 40-odd years I knew him and he was always smiling. He seemingly had everything - beautiful wife, kids, grandkids, at the top of his game career wise. I will never understand how depression could get him like it did. I really hope John can beat it.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:
    A lot of people saying how he seemed happy. One of my oldest friends took his own life after falling into depression during lockdown. You look at any picture of him going back the 40-odd years I knew him and he was always smiling. He seemingly had everything - beautiful wife, kids, grandkids, at the top of his game career wise. I will never understand how depression could get him like it did. I really hope John can beat it.
    It sounds like his decision was to pack up and fuck off to America and it looks as thought that was what he needed to do to survive.  That's why I am so pleased for him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wouldn't live in Vegas even if you paid me $1 mil per year
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Well, it looks like John Sullivan disagrees with you. Each to his own and all that. 😎
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    I take your point but I think you would be in the minority if asked.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    I take your point but I think you would be in the minority if asked.
    Yep - sun, booze, gambling, pools, women, shows and a $1m - it’s a no from me ! 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    I would, but I'd probably be dead in 3 months