Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bournemouth to get sell on

Bournemouth are set to receive a 25 per cent sell-on clause from Adam Lallana's move to Liverpool as he started his career at the south coast club.

reckon he went for about 25 Million not bad for Bournemouth just over 6 million

Comments

• Options
    Lets hope they feel guilty on how much they robbed us for Yann and give us a bit more.
  • Options
    The deal is announced today...I wonder when it actually went through? If 1st July then too late for last season's accounts and Bournemouth fail FFP. I trust the league authorities will be tight on this.
  • Options
    I think the most shocking thing is... £25 million for Adam Lallana?
  • Options
    Nicely done by Bournemouth all those years ago. How the hell did they get a deal of 25% sell on when he left them at the age of 12!! Good work. How much we getting again for Poyet when he gets sold on......... :(
  • Options
    I'm sure we'll try for 25% as well, plus payments for Premier League appearances. Bolton were ordered by a tribunal last August to pay West Ham £10,000 per appearance in the Premier League for Robert Hall up to a maximum of 100 games, in the event that they went up.

That assumes, of course, that Poyet doesn't go abroad. I watched the game last night with a couple of Spanish guys, one of whom's a journalist. They haven't heard anything on the grapevine about Poyet going out there, so fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

I'm sure we'll try for 25% as well, plus payments for Premier League appearances. Bolton were ordered by a tribunal last August to pay West Ham £10,000 per appearance in the Premier League for Robert Hall up to a maximum of 100 games, in the event that they went up.

That assumes, of course, that Poyet doesn't go abroad. I watched the game last night with a couple of Spanish guys, one of whom's a journalist. They haven't heard anything on the grapevine about Poyet going out there, so fingers crossed.

I think the barca links were way exaggerated. To be able to play for a team like that you have to be seriously hot stuff. Poyet is good and potentially very good, but barcalona is a different level that I cant see him reaching.

Could be wrong.
  • Options
    Looks like bournemouth can secure championship status for a 2nd season quite comfortably then.
  • Options
    I wish...
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Cawley seems to think he's staying in England.
  • Options

The deal is announced today...I wonder when it actually went through? If 1st July then too late for last season's accounts and Bournemouth fail FFP. I trust the league authorities will be tight on this.

Bournemouth must be regretting they didn't retain you to advise them. Fancy missing that . . . :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From Sky Sports News

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe believes the windfall the club are to receive from Adam Lallana’s move from Southampton to Liverpool is vindication of the club’s policy of investing in young players. Bournemouth will pocket a quarter of the reported £26m fee for Lallana after inserting a 25 per cent sell-on clause into the deal that took him to Southampton as a 12-year-old.
  • Options

Nicely done by Bournemouth all those years ago. How the hell did they get a deal of 25% sell on when he left them at the age of 12!! Good work. How much we getting again for Poyet when he gets sold on......... :(

I can't see how there can be any sell on clause for Poyet as he has left the club. We are in no position to negotiate are we as he is a free agent. I just presumed that if we sold to a club in the UK that we would get a set compensation fee due to his age. I think £400k has been bandied around.

• Options
    How do you get a 25% sell on clause for a 12 year old? He can't have had a contract.

Fair play to Bournemouth but it still stinks if you ask me
  • Options
    Brian said:

I can't see how there can be any sell on clause for Poyet as he has left the club. We are in no position to negotiate are we as he is a free agent. I just presumed that if we sold to a club in the UK that we would get a set compensation fee due to his age. I think £400k has been bandied around.

What I was getting at was the whole farce of not securing Poyet to a long term deal with add ons etc
  • Options
    Brian said:

Poyet is a professional under the age of 24. Therefore his fee will be set by tribunal only if the clubs don't negotiate something mutually acceptable.

The £400k figure is the compensation for the 'poaching' of youth players under the EPPP, which doesn't apply to Poyet.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Why? He's a better player than Fellaini who cost slightly more.

If we want to agree that fees for players on the whole are ridiculous you won't get an argument from me. But in relation £25m is about par for a good midfielder these days.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

dizzee said:

If we want to agree that fees for players on the whole are ridiculous you won't get an argument from me. But in relation £25m is about par for a good midfielder these days.
    I dont agree, I think Southampton forced the price up knowing they was going to lose 25% of it
    look at Rakitic only about 12 million(Sky reporting it was around 15 million euros)
    both the same age IMO Rakitic the better player
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

dizzee said:

I dont agree, I think Southampton forced the price up knowing they was going to lose 25% of it
    look at Rakitic only about 12 million(Sky reporting it was around 15 million euros)
    both the same age IMO Rakitic the better player
    Not sure I'd agree Rakitic is better. Besides wasn't he out of contract next summer hence the relatively low price?
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

dizzee said:

I think they would have wanted to force the price up regardless of any sell on. Why won't they want to get the most money possible.

• Options
    Come on... Lallana is not worth £25 million. Just cause Fellaini was not worth £27 million, that does not mean Lallana is worth £25 million. If Liverpool went abroad, they could sign two players for that who would probably be better than him anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No player is actually "worth" £25 million.

It's a lot of money - imagine £25m in £10 notes - how long would it take you to count it?
    And how many mouths it would feed?

PS: Vetokele is a bargain at £5m.

;o)
  • Options
    Took a full page ad out in the Echo. Class act
  • Options
    To be honest, I am left less convinced by Lallana after the World Cup (with the caveat of course he was more of a substitute than starter) - he is effective against decent enough players, probably three quarters of Premiership defences, but ineffectual against really top notch, experienced players - like those in the rest of the quote-unquote 'Big Four' or the Champions League, which will be a Liverpool priority I would think. At £25million Southampton have done very well, even taking out Bournemouth's share.
  • Options
    Bournemouth just spent half of the sell on fee buying Callum Wilson from Coventry. Must be paying him a fair whack too as he chose to go there instead of Norwich.
  • Options
    Lallana's a quality footballer, wasn't given a fair crack at the world cup. £25 million for one of the best technicians in the england team is a good deal for both buyers and sellers.
  • Options

Bournemouth just spent half of the sell on fee buying Callum Wilson from Coventry. Must be paying him a fair whack too as he chose to go there instead of Norwich.

I believe he chose them over Narwich because they, Narwich, have already signed Grabban and Laffety and are seriously after Rhodes and so Wilson thought his career was better served by playing regularly and decided that would be for Bournemouth.
  • Options

From Sky Sports News

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe believes the windfall the club are to receive from Adam Lallana’s move from Southampton to Liverpool is vindication of the club’s policy of investing in young players. Bournemouth will pocket a quarter of the reported £26m fee for Lallana after inserting a 25 per cent sell-on clause into the deal that took him to Southampton as a 12-year-old.

im sure I read or listened to something on the radio that the Bournemouth manager wanted the club owner to pocket the money? I cant remember the source or maybe It was another one of my weird dreams
  • Options

From Sky Sports News

im sure I read or listened to something on the radio that the Bournemouth manager wanted the club owner to pocket the money? I cant remember the source or maybe It was another one of my weird dreams
    Yep. bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28124738

"I think this is a nice thing for him rather than it being used by us to strengthen the squad even further."
    ---

That must be the quote of the year, coming from any manager. It will just about cover the cost of the house in Sandbanks Demin bought and immediately demolished.
  • Options
    Sounds to me like Howe is trying to get on Demin's good side
  • Options
    I agree. I expect the owner has already said he's going to trouser the Lallana money and Howe is putting a spin on the position in order to manage supporters' expectations (and maybe to reduce the prices quoted to Bournemouth for transfer targets) . I see, in the meantime, that they've spent some of the Lewis Grabban money on Callum Wilson from Coventry