Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup Semi Final Tickets

WSSWSS
edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Neither Chelsea or Blacburn have sold their allocation with Blackburn still having 7,000 tickets free as of today.

The prices are £45-50 for a ticket, its ludicrous.

Comments

• Options
    I read that. The bloke from Blackburn complained that they're just a small town, with a small catchment area, that there's not very much money anyway and implied that most of their fans thought they'd lose anyway.

Money and catchment area I can understand but when has thinking your team would lose ever stopped fans from going to games?
  • Options
    Chelsea still have 7000 tickets free as well!
  • Options
    Loads on Mancs & Scousers were on Talksport yesterday slagging Chelsea fans off calling them a 'Small club' cos they could not shift their tickets.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Loads on Mancs & Scousers were on Talksport yesterday slagging Chelsea fans off calling them a 'Small club' cos they could not shift their tickets.

true. they're only the 4th biggest team in london, west ham have got a better support than them.
  • Options
    To be fair tho. Chelsea fans probably expect to get to the Final so are saving their money for that plus money for the champs league semis and final etc etc... so they are probably calculating they will get through this semi and go for the others.

christ imagine our fans having to shell out all that!!! you'd never hear the end of it - we have to be nannied to actually attend a game.
  • Options
    And to be fair to Chelsea it's not as if watching their side at home is cheap either, their fans must spend fortunes.
  • Options
    Aye Curb it, and if the choice is to go to Old Trafford and the spend on travel, or the Champions League Semi, Wembley for the final, and a possible trip to Athens, a game against Blackburn don't appeal
  • Options
    and next year will be worse, when the clubs get 40,000 each at Wembley for the semi finals
  • Options
    Plus they've already paid out for the carling cup final in cardiff.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]and next year will be worse, when the clubs get 40,000 each at Wembley for the semi finals

Depends who the teams are. Plus it will be a new ground for supporters of at least 2 teams. If we got there we'd sell 40k.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]and next year will be worse, when the clubs get 40,000 each at Wembley for the semi finals[/quote]

Depends who the teams are. Plus it will be a new ground for supporters of at least 2 teams. If we got there we'd sell 40k.[/quote]

only if we got free transport
  • Options
    Most teams will struggle to sell 40,000 for a Wembley semi final, no chance of Blackburn doing it for example.

I would expect us to sell it as we're a London club, with a ground 45 minutes away on the tube, but not to many other then London/South east sides would
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Most teams will struggle to sell 40,000 for a Wembley semi final, no chance of Blackburn doing it for example.

I would expect us to sell it as we're a London club, with a ground 45 minutes away on the tube, but not to many other then London/South east sides would[/quote]

Most of our fans live in deepest Kent which would add more minutes to your estimated journey time to Wembley.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Most teams will struggle to sell 40,000 for a Wembley semi final, no chance of Blackburn doing it for example.

I would expect us to sell it as we're a London club, with a ground 45 minutes away on the tube, but not to many other then London/South east sides would[/quote]

Most of our fans live in deepest Kent which would add more minutes to your estimated journey time to Wembley.
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Didn't catch you the first time Solid! :O)
  • Options
    Yeah but we could run the Wembley Express Coaches..!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What the ell is happening to the technology on this site...or is it me????

Anyway, my heart bleeds for those Chelsea fans having to make such decision as to what final they should attend.......It must of been the same kind of decision they had to make before they were bank rolled on whether to visit Derby County or Sunderland as they didnt turn up then!

F*kin tossers the lot of em!
  • Options
    What the ell is happening to the technology on this site...or is it me????

Anyway, my heart bleeds for those Chelsea fans having to make such decision as to what final they should attend.......It must of been the same kind of decision they had to make before they were bank rolled on whether to visit Derby County or Sunderland as they didnt turn up then!

F*kin tossers the lot of em!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2007
    It doesnt help that all of the concession tickets are placed in the cheapest area of the ground.

If for arguments sake there are 5,000 cheap tickets and they all get snapped up first then all children/OAP's have to pay full whack (same as adults) regardless.

Nice thinking FA
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Most teams will struggle to sell 40,000 for a Wembley semi final, no chance of Blackburn doing it for example.

I would expect us to sell it as we're a London club, with a ground 45 minutes away on the tube, but not to many other then London/South east sides would

Even from Bexley you have to allow 2 hours to get there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Neither Chelsea or Blacburn have sold their allocation with Blackburn still having 7,000 tickets free as of today.

The prices are £45-50 for a ticket, its ludicrous.

In some ways this is good news. Maybe the FA will get the message: ticket prices are too high.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]

In some ways this is good news. Maybe the FA will get the message: ticket prices are too high.

That's a good one Jimmy - I like it.
    Go on, tell us another!
  • Options
    Man Utd were allocated more tickets than Watford who didn't sell their allocation. Nice planning by the fa...