Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Argentina vs Belgium

Comments

• Options
    Wish Kompany were English. We'd be an immeasurably better team with a top drawer centre half. Natural captain too.
    Come On You Reds.
  • Options
    Note to all the commentators out there... just because Messi did it, doesn't automatically make it brilliant.
  • Options

Note to all the commentators out there... just because Messi did it, doesn't automatically make it brilliant.

Well said (......though he ain't bad is he?)....and I'm fed up with that Chicken Fat ad and where is the Grumpy Old Men thread when you want it?
  • Options
    Has any team in this tourno come from behind in open play to win? I can't think of one. And unfortunately the Belgians are not threatening to do so. Brilliant effort from Higuain there.
  • Options

Has any team in this tourno come from behind in open play to win? I can't think of one. And unfortunately the Belgians are not threatening to do so. Brilliant effort from Higuain there.

Brazil vs Croatia
  • Options

I think loads have. In the majority of the early games especially.
  • Options
    Hmm. Cannot remember watching one, that's for sure.
  • Options
    I also must say that the linesmen have correctly judged some very sharp offside decisions, like he one just now
  • Options
    Spain - Holland
  • Options
    Prague, take a look at your leisure. There's plenty.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/results
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I expected a bit more from this Belgium team. Just like watching England.
  • Options
    Come on Belgium!

This is like watching Charlton. I can't see where a goal is coming from - unless Argentina score another!
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Spain - Holland

Doh! :-))

My excuse is that it was such a slaughter that I forgot they were ever in the lead. That or I'm just getting old

• Options
    Both these teams are good cures for insomnia.
  • Options
    Hazard has failed to deliver again. And as for Martens, what a frustrating player.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Come on Belgium!

This is like watching Charlton. I can't see where a goal is coming from - unless Argentina score another!

I think Belgium's problem has been that their 'X Factor' player, Hazard, has been stinking awful at this World Cup. They've been solid enough, but lack a spark. If they continue to develop though they will definitely be a threat at the Euros in 2 years.

Unless Costa Rica can pull a shock out of the bag it seems likely that the semi finals will have a depressingly familiar look to them.

• Options
    Yes was just thinking that about Belgium and the Euros
  • Options
    Dark anti-European forces at work again?
  • Options
    The better team won that. Exiled Addick has nailed it about Belgium and Hazard.
  • Options
    Dull game. Very similar to the Germany France game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I cant remember Belgium having a shot on target, I cant actually remember much about that game.
  • Options
    Well whoever wins the other quarter final tonight is the team I will be hoping win the tournament.
  • Options
    Better team won, but the Argies were hardly impressive. With Neymar out too it's looking increasingly like it might be another one for zee Germans.
  • Options

Dark anti-European forces at work again?

The referee is a Peruvian called Nigello Farago apparently....
  • Options
    oh well. Charlton out of the world cup. we never manage to go on a proper cup run.
  • Options
    I thought Fellaini really poor - first time I saw him run and pass forwards was in the 92nd minute. Courtois something special with that save from Messi. I can see why Chelsea recalling him and selling the other fella.
    Eight premier league players on the pitch and a good, not great game.
  • Options
    This was the only QF I watched (apart from highlights) seems that all the QF were poor hoping for a couple of decent semi's as upto the QF this has been a decent WC.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited July 2014

This was the only QF I watched (apart from highlights) seems that all the QF were poor hoping for a couple of decent semi's as upto the QF this has been a decent WC.

As they say - This (apart from the only QF I watched bit)