Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

3g or not 3g ? - that is the question

I have to say that before the last two games i'd never seen professional football played on a 3g surface - I hope I never see it again.

Absolutely hated it. Ball runs way to quickly and bounces up alarmingly. Players (including the home team) all looked uncomfortable and like they were going to slip over at any second.

Add in the fact that we clearly didn't want to risk Solly's knees on such an unforgiving surface and I have to say the positives of not having games postponed are completely buried by the negatives.

Not for me.

Comments

• Options
    Snap
  • Options
    Not 3G any day!
  • Options
    What is 3G
  • Options
    Having watched and played football on 3G and 4G, it's a definite no from me.

No where near as good as a grass pitch.
  • Options
    About £100 from a fella I know in Blackheath.
  • Options

Snap

The sound of bones & hamstrings. Add a downpour to that surface and the potential for a serious career threatening injury is greatly increased............
  • Options
    Depends what coverage there is. 4g is better if it's available
  • Options
    I'd read that they had improved since the days when I watched and played on the bloody things, which would have been last time around 96. Well they still haven't improved enough, based on yesterday.

Is 4g the same as a "hybrid"?
  • Options
    they are ok for a bit of 7 a side at goals, but not for the professional game, my knees / back are getting on a bit and if I play at goals for an hour I ache for days after....give me grass any day.