Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why no trains to Blackburn?

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
I just don't get it. Like Arf said earlier, what's Paddington got to do with it? Virgin trains to the North West run out of Euston, and appear to be operating normally on the 28th....

Comments

• Options
    i'm sure there are other factors.

cargo trains passing that way at that time. certain stations have restrictions, timetables of other trains? you can't always just bung another train on an already under pressure rail system?
  • Options
    i'm sure there are other factors.

cargo trains passing that way at that time. certain stations have restrictions, timetables of other trains? you can't always just bung another train on an already under pressure rail system?
  • Options
    You buy a slot on the line out of Euston, and there are no slots available that weekend as the West Coast mainline up to Birmingham is ramo, according to my friend who drives for Sliverlink

Hence out of Paddington, via Oxford up to the otherside of Birmingham, but there are engineering works north of Oxford, so no way for the train to get back
  • Options
    Does that mean Operation Ewood Park is non operational for our train spotters?
  • Options
    I know it's frustrating, but not the Clubs fault, all down to our wonderful friends who run the railways. Cannot imagine this happening in Germany/France/Japan only in good old blighty.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    No one can blame the club everyone knows our rail network is a joke and they wonder why there are so many fecking cars on the road.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I know it's frustrating, but not the Clubs fault, all down to our wonderful friends who run the railways. Cannot imagine this happening in Germany/France/Japan only in good old blighty.

Not blaming the club mate, think the club are already being more than generous with what they've arranged.