Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Holiday

Off to Majorca in a few weeks - staying in the Cala D'or resort. If anyone has been and has recommendations re day trips, restaurants, bars, car hire etc all advice would be most welcome!

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I've been there so many times I know it like the back of my hand.
    Cala D'Or is great for those with kids up to the age of 18.
    There are loads of restaurants all very similar. My favourite is C'an Pedro (bizaerrely next to an out of place Burger King).
    For a beautiful view / outlook, you should eat out, at least once at The Marina, which is a 15 min walk from the centre (or get a cab). There are loads of restaurants at The Marina, very showy, but the food isn't as good, as they look.
    There is a glass bottomed boat trip, which I did years ago, which is decent.
    There are 3 beaches Cala D'Or, Cala Gran (the biggest) and Cala Ferreira.
    If you like live music/rock Dugan's is the place to go (the only place). They have a good house band. It's also the best place for draught Guinness.
    Because it's family friendly, music has to be turned right down / off / or the doors closed and you have to go inside. at midnight.
  • Options
    Cracking place for young families/couples.
    Think Covered End covered it all above.
    Lovely beaches (although I thought there were about 7) but they do get very busy in the height of summer.