Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New pitch: so next year can we have some home friendlies please?

Okay, next pre-season our pitch will be in fine fettle, right?
So does it not make sense to arrange some pre-season friendlies on it to get (new) players used to the idea of playing at The Valley?
For a number of years now, we've only ever had a maximum of one home game pre-season. This year, obviously, none.
In my opinion, we should also be testing ourselves against better quality opposition. Playing against lower level teams proves nothing other than whether the players can run about a bit after their summer holidays.

Comments

• Options
    Bit early to be arranging pre-season friendlies for next year isn't it?
  • Options

If the Swindon debacle is anything to go by - no.

But seriously, if you wanted a top quality team to turn up I guess you'd have to be thinking about it pretty early.
  • Options

Nothing like forward planning , would be interesting to play Standard Liege at home in the Summer of 2015 , wonder what the score would be, anybody?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I bloody hope its not on 25th July cos I cant make that day
  • Options
    Was thinking of SL academy and the ground there, couldn't it be transformed into a non league stadium and we play our home friendlies there? It also would encourage more of us to go and watch the youth games too...
  • Options

Nothing like forward planning , would be interesting to play Standard Liege at home in the Summer of 2015 , wonder what the score would be, anybody?
    Charlton 3 - 3 Standard

Hatrick of own goals by Thuram and a left foot, right foot and header hatrick by Jordan Cousins for Standard.....oops i've said too much!
  • Options
    Shag said:

I bloody hope its not on 25th July cos I cant make that day

Getting married that day?
  • Options

Was thinking of SL academy and the ground there, couldn't it be transformed into a non league stadium and we play our home friendlies there? It also would encourage more of us to go and watch the youth games too...

I read through this about 5 times wondering why we'd play home friendlies at the Standard Liege academy before I realised what you were saying
  • Options
    Maybe we can book in to play Reading as our glamour home friendly.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Maybe we can book in to play Reading as our glamour home friendly.

Or Inverness Caledonian Thistle
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    New Zealand at home again would be good......maybe Bolanos would like to come back for it