Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Murray and Pards(freemasons Alert meeting) we'll find out anyway

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Why is this being kept so secretive, can i Request this from the freedom of information act?(only joking,live debate) What's The Big Deal anyway, besides i've Been supporting and going to Charlton longer than(Murray and Pards)the glicksteins we're an ffinf nightmare and look what happened there.why is it being kept to a select few who can attend? (Single dad can't go, i would like to,no time,it's difficult for me and i would like to know)what about overseas supporters who would like/have an avid interest,it's not good enough, peeps on the Forum are generally interested,we are all long life fans, can we ralax the debate that took place at this meeting and discuss or is it AGAINST Charlton FC Principles(blogs &forums included which might be brought under the cafc logo and later taken over)can we discuss please without legalities? just interested to know the feeling on this. Which pub/or lifer will reveal after a few sherberts if i ask?
Is THIS A CLIQUE VS CLIQUE
i thankyou and i'll get my coat with no offence.

Comments

• Options
    Well you could always wander over to certain other Charlton blogsites (particularly the one named after the bloke who sang the theme tune to Grease) and have a look at what they have to say about it.
  • Options
    That's what I did Ali
  • Options
    carter whats the address
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    http://www.frankievalley.com
  • Options
    Beat me to it mucker!

I fully recommend a daily visit as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Beat me to it mucker!

I fully recommend a daily visit as well.
    So do I. Best way to start a day in the office!
  • Options
    Badger

Murray ASKED for everyone to keep the confidential stuff spoken about just that CONFIDENTIAL... Don 't take it out on us because you couldn't go...

All this clique bollox drives me mad - the people that went to that night did so by emailing the club for an invite and got one had nothing to do with cliques. If you can't go because of whatever reason then fine but don't dig people out because they did and are doing what Murray asked.

There wasn't that much confidential stuff said to be honest... i believe the club are going to post on the website an account of the evening
  • Options
    All the confidential stuff will be revealed at the Bromley meeting anyway. ;-)
  • Options
    I realise those who attended as they are just doing as Murray requested, and don't we all do as we are told.
    I just seems a shame for those of us who are genuine CAFC supports to be left out because we were unable to attend. It was wrong of the club to gag you and it is wrong of those who attended to abide by Murray's request as they should have first allegiance to fellow supports before directors.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]It was wrong of the club to gag you and it is wrong of those who attended to abide by Murray's request as they should have first allegiance to fellow supports before directors.
    And its wrong of people who couldn't go putting the kybosh on anything like this happening in the future by repeating things that were said at the meeting when they were asked to ensure they remained confidential. Honestly, we're probably the only club in bthe prem that would even entertain the idea of this sort of frank discussion, so why do people think that those who went have a 'duty' to disclose everything that was said? Personally, I didn't go - because I couldn't get the time off work - but I'm not bitter about it, don't regret it, and certainly won't be badgering people who DID go to divulge everything that was said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]I realise those who attended as they are just doing as Murray requested, and don't we all do as we are told.
    I just seems a shame for those of us who are genuine CAFC supports to be left out because we were unable to attend. It was wrong of the club to gag you and it is wrong of those who attended to abide by Murray's request as they should have first allegiance to fellow supports before directors.

The club has said that they were recording the night for broadcasting on the OS as they did with the last fans' forum. Perhaps that will be after the 2nd forum on 25th April.

Personally I like all the meetings to be on the record but since people have been asked to keep thing confidential they have. The upshot would be that in future these meetings wouldn't take place or would become very bland and less interesting. Bare in mind that some the directors do read these sites and would soon be aware of leaks.

As Leroy has said at which other club could you meet and question the manager face to face with no vetted questions and just an open mic? It's not perfect but claiming it is all like the freemasons or some breach of duty to other fans is way, way OTT.

After the success of the first, off the record, bloggers evening I'm hopeful that I can arrange another, on the record, for early next season.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[ As Leroy has said at which other club could you meet and question the manager face to face with no vetted questions and just an open mic? It's not perfect but claiming it is all like the freemasons or some breach of duty to other fans is way, way OTT.

Exactly. I couldn't go this time although do i do normally, therefore this time i expect to miss out on one or two little bits of gossip.
  • Options
    To be honest, not much was said that was not already in the public domain.
  • Options
    Henry - try putting yourself in the place of those Charlton supporters who cannot attend such meetings, even those of who cannot get the the Valley, we are still supporters, you still represent us to the Board so please try and understand our point of view.

YES I agree we are possibly the only club who would sanction such a Q&A and I applaud the club for being so open, but why can't they be open with all of us. If we don't know what information was given we can't judge its importance, if as Stanmore says its only gossip then why is it confidential, but then he wouldn't know as he wasn't there!?

I hope the club put on further Q&A's and I hope you can arrange for it to be recorded and broadcast, OK if there are some confidential bits then they can be edited - it's not rocket science and then at least the rest of us will get a flavour of the meeting and feel included rather than ignored.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I do look at things such as this from a fans point of view hence the lobbying for the bloggers nights to be on the record in future and my other attempts, however limited or poor, to increase the level of communication. However, in your first post you were accusing fans who followed the request of the Chairman to keep the meeting confidential of a betrayal and a breach of duty. That was your view and you are entitled to it but I think that was unreasonable to your fellow fans and anyone doing so would have endangered improved communication in the future.

I wasn't at the meeting either so don't know what was said. I do know that reports back from such meetings can and have been made when people had asked them not to be and what was said has then been misrepresented. This has caused people to be far less open a future meetings. For example Richard Murray tallking about transfer budgets and possible targets then seeing that information on the net the next morning. Next meeting no such info although the person who published did apologise to Murray.

As I said the last Q & A in November WAS recorded and broadcast and to my best knowledge this is the plan with the two Q & A's this month. Not it's not rocket science but the club are already doing as you suggested.
  • Options
    Thanks Henry, I'll look forward to hearing the edited recording.