Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Royal Marines Commando Programme

Anyone know why they suddenly changed the troop they're following for next week? Seems a bit shit of a plan I'm almost disinterested as I enjoyed following Frykman & Bond etc.

Comments

• Options
    Yes, feel the same
  • Options
    Is a new version of the one they did a few years back?

Funnily enough, I mentioned that one to my girlfriend last night - was a good show. I remember it becoming routine weekly viewing.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's a shame. My guess is that it enabled them to compress filming into a shorter timescale and therefore save money.
  • Options
    Thought exactly the same Dazzler. We were enjoying it as well, seems very random.
  • Options
    Bond was a likeable lad, would of liked to see him progress.
  • Options

wouldn't want to put your life in his hands as a partner though.

Would never want to join the services, but would have loved when i was younger to have done the training to see how i would have coped. Pretty sure in a 16-week period you could positively impact the rest of your life in terms of discipline, maturity, outlook, confidence etc

• Options
    I was shocked that our armed forces swore so much.

Disgusting behaviour.
  • Options

I was shocked that our armed forces swore so much.

Disgusting behaviour.

Who do they think they are, footballers?
  • Options

Checked his weapon facing the other men. Thought that was a bit of a school boy error for someone who wants to be the best.
    Likeable for sure and I do not to see a young man fail but joining an army which will have you fighting for real is no place to have people laughing and joking.
    It was good to see he manned up a bit near the end.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Checked his weapon facing the other men. Thought that was a bit of a school boy error for someone who wants to be the best.
    Likeable for sure and I do not to see a young man fail but joining an army which will have you fighting for real is no place to have people laughing and joking.
    To be honest i think he just lacks a bit of common sense and is very innocent. He had only been there for 5 weeks.

As it gets more serious, he'll learn and i'd imagine the discipline and soldier mind will kick in.

If he's not strong enough or they feel he's a liability then they won't pass him. this is why it would have been good if they'd kept the story on him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2014
    try and do "P company" with the Paras and the say what you saw was tough. Not really sure where that programme is going ? Its the "foundation" course which isnt the hardest part ?

There were parts when im sure many old "boot necks" would be squirming watching it. Last week when one guy could get up a tiny bank and was basically using his rifle as a prop ---o dear. leaving your rifle more than two feet from you was punishable by 100 push ups or press ups during PCompany--yet they often did that during this program and only once did one guy seem to get a brief 10 push ups.

Opps yes i failed PCompany which i attempted as part of 10 Para TA
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind betting he comes out of the other side of training completely changed, fit as a butchers dog and someone you would not want to piss off. You could almost see it happening by the end of the 2nd episode as he met up with his family.
  • Options

To be honest i think he just lacks a bit of common sense and is very innocent. He had only been there for 5 weeks.

As it gets more serious, he'll learn and i'd imagine the discipline and soldier mind will kick in.

If he's not strong enough or they feel he's a liability then they won't pass him. this is why it would have been good if they'd kept the story on him.
    Having seen his mother on the episode last night, you can see where young Bond is at - he's got to sever the apron strings whilst manning up at the same time. Not easy when you've been a little mollycoddled. Not his fault or a bad criticism of his Mum but more a statement of where it seems to me he's at. I'm sure the NCO's have seen it before - they just have to be hard on him to break him and re-mould him into a fire-breathing Marine! Good luck to him. :-)