Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ideas for quiz rounds?

Comments

• Had a round last night themed around "Bravery" so questions on famous battles, what's printed on medals and so on but also other stuff like the name of the black woman on the bus who refused to move, etc. Bit of something for everyone but with a theme running through it.

Favourite question last night; what was the name of the film featuring a limited number of Spartans defeating a massive army of Parisiens...er no...I think you mean Persians.
  • What about a round on words ending in 'olgy' and their meanings
  • There are no words that end OLGY.
  • O L G Y, you ain't got no alibi, you olgy.
  • MrOneLung said:

There are no words that end OLGY.

It's the quick-fire round
  • Picture round of flags

Picture round of trees

Picture round of models of cars

Local observancy - name of cafe on next corner etc. (I actually had this in a quiz in Australia where I was leading until this round where I scored zero)

• POXY spell check on my system !
  • Ok ologies does that make it any better
  • Rosa Parkes
  • But what does an ology make you according to Maureen Lipman?
    BTW, only because it has just come on the piped music thing, who played lead guitar on Siouxie and the Banshees' cover of Dear Prudence?
  • Sponsored links:

• List the pubs on the route to your pub?
  • edited July 2014
    I've got a list of backing bands I'll send to you, You give them the singer and they have to give the name of the backing band. E.G. Florence and .............
  • Would be one or two, especially when I go to work in Cardiff now and then:). But none to Strutton Ground and North Greenwich to ROD not too tough!
  • Pic round... Man milk or moo milk (b3ta.com) LOL
  • Picture round

Hot dogs or legs

http://hot-dog-legs.tumblr.com/
  • Rosa Parkes

Got that one too but not the name of the first African American woman to win an Olympic gold.

Geek central around here today innit?
  • First black Wimbledon lawn tennis champion?
  • Althea Gibson?
  • correct!
  • She dea

Rosa Parkes

Got that one too but not the name of the first African American woman to win an Olympic gold.

Geek central around here today innit?
    She died recently. Heard her obit on radio 4 but can't remember the name
  • Sponsored links:

• Alice Coachman Henry but we had the same conversation last night and couldn't come up with her name either.
  • Greek god or roman god.
  • Who was TIME magazine's Man of the Year for 1938?
  • But what does an ology make you according to Maureen Lipman?
    BTW, only because it has just come on the piped music thing, who played lead guitar on Siouxie and the Banshees' cover of Dear Prudence?

Robert Smith ?

Jesse Owens?
  • Looking forward to getting all the answers before I get there in September P. ;-)

Jesse Owens?
    Adolph Hitler
  • So tempted to pick Henry up on his spelling mistake................must resist..............
  • Did blind tasting crisp flavours once - that was a hoot - I was rubbish - only one I got was prawn cocktail!
    The colour and aeriel shapes for each of the Teletubbies and which one has a handbag.
  • List the pubs on the route to your pub?

Coming from which direction? ;-)