Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saturday Afternoon footie

Current state of play:

Arsenal 0-1 Bolton
Man City 0-0 Liverpool
Middlesbrough 1-0 Aston Villa
Portsmouth 1-0 Newcastle
Reading 1-0 Fulham
Sheff Utd 0-0 West Ham

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2007
    Sheff U 1- W Ham 0
    Drat
    (oh and Arsenal have equalised)
  • Options
    1538: GOAL Sheff Utd 1-0 West Ham
    You won't see a better strike today! Michael Tonge smashes a howitzer of a free-kick into the top corner. Save it? Robert Green didn't see it.
  • Options
    Come on Reading!
  • Options
    Fulham had a goal disallowed on the stroke of half-time *praying*
  • Options
    1625: GOAL Sheff Utd 2-0 West Ham
    From Keith Gillespie's corner, Phil Jagielka rises highest and thumps a downward header beyond Robert Green. It is a massive blow to the Hammers, who had been pressing for an equaliser.
  • Options
    1633: Silver Birch - a 33-1 shot - has won the Grand National. I've done my money for another year. Hope you've had better luck.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2007
    3-0
  • Options
    1628: GOAL Middlesbrough 1-3 Aston Villa

Just as well we weren't counting on Villa screwing up.
  • Options
    My pick in the office sweepstake came 4th, which wasn't bad considering it was something like 80-1. Admittedly this only gets me about a fiver I think, so I think I'd have been better off putting money on it each way at the bookies.
  • Options
    1635: GOAL Sheff Utd 3-0 West Ham
    The Blades have sliced through their fellow relegation rivals again. Jon Stead's exquisite curler into the bottom corner seals victory, surely, and may well condemn the Hammers to the Championship.

Game over...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]1628: GOAL Middlesbrough 1-3 Aston Villa

Just as well we weren't counting on Villa screwing up.

But still leaves Boro on only 39 points. I doubt they will go down, but the longer they're left worrying, the better.
  • Options
    We need West Ham to score a consolation or two - bring Sheff Utd's goal difference back below ours.

C'mon Curbs....
  • Options
    And back into the last relegation place we go:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/tables/premiership.html

However Fulham lost and they have a tough run-in and West Ham are surely relegated now.
  • Options
    Pards was saying tomorrows changing room atmosphere could be decided on todays results...

what more do our charlton players want.. win tomorrow and we go level 15th, with sheffield united at home to play.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]Pards was saying tomorrows changing room atmosphere could be decided on todays results...

what more do our charlton players want.. win tomorrow and we go level 15th, with sheffield united at home to play.[/quote]

exactly. i think it could work for us, rather than the players thinking "even if we lose we'll still be out of the drop zone"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]Pards was saying tomorrows changing room atmosphere could be decided on todays results...

what more do our charlton players want.. win tomorrow and we go level 15th, with sheffield united at home to play.

Don't forget, another critical game being played tomorrow: Wigan v Spuds

Whisper it quietly..... C'mon, you Spurs!
    Oh, Christ, did I really say that...........?
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    It's alright, we'll allow you to say that just this once. I just hope they haven't got a European hangover.
  • Options
    Worse than that, I'm watching the Man U - Watford game, and feeling like I have to support Man U to win in 90mins, so they're not tired for their game against Sheff Utd on Tuesday. I feel kind of dirty now.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    What a ghastly thought!!
  • Options
    I guess Fulham haven't benefited from the new manager... YES!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Old Les Reed does like losing at Reading on his first games, don't he !!