Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your top 5 favourite...Animal?

With perhaps a vague reason why. I cant be bothered to do that though.

mine:

1. Gorilla
2. Giraffe
3. Lizzard
4. Bear
5. Lion (or maybe other big cats)

Comments

• Options
    1.Dog
    2.Gorilla
    3.Cheetah
    4.Lion
    5.Eagle
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    1. Penguin

2. Dolphin

3. Meerkat

4. Leemur

5. Budgerigar
  • Options
    Tiger
    Honey Badger
    Ring Tailed Lemur
    Woolly Monkey
    Polar Bear
  • Options
    Dog
    Dolphin
    Elephant
    Lion
    Tiger
  • Options
    Rhino
    Herring Gull
    Spiders
    Tigers (as in all cats really)
    Otters

...for starters
  • Options
    Cats
    Elephants
    Lemur
    Polar Bear
    Giraffe
  • Options
    my favourites are the most horrifically abused on the planet:

fish
    chicken
    pig
    sheep
    cow

...least favourite animal, without doubt, the human.
  • Options
    1. American Bison
    2. Honey Badger
    3. Meerkat
    4. Pygmy Hippo
    5. Liger
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dogs
    Tortoises
    Elephants
    Bears
    Goats
  • Options

Lamb
    Pork
    Beef
    Chicken
    Haddock

oh sooooo sadly predictable....
  • Options
    Giant Panda
    Dog
    Polar Bear
    Horse
    Koala
  • Options
    Cat
    Penguin
    Wombat
    Polar Bear
    and I am now a complete convert to the awesomeness of Red Pandas!
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Lemurs – Although there are around 110 species I’ll lump them all together. Unique, fascinating and now in great danger of extinction.

Gibbons – My ‘soul’ animal. I don’t think I’ve ever been as happy as I have waking up to their singing in Asia.

Slow lorises – Too cute for their own good. I did a half-marathon a couple of years ago to raise money and promote awareness: http://runlorisrun.wordpress.com/

Red pandas – I have formed a cult if anyone fancies joining: http://theredpandacult.blogspot.co.uk/

Pretty much all primates – woolly monkeys, macaques, galagos, capuchins, langurs, orangutans, vervets, I really don’t care.

I’d also like to mention pangolins as too few people know about their plight. Google them, they’re murdered by the thousands as their scales supposedly have restorative qualities. There is nothing I hate more than the ‘traditional medicine’ market.

In an ideal world I’d work with primates. I did the wrong thing at uni so I’m making up for lost time currently by volunteering with lemurs, that even means missing most Charlton games for the time being!

top tips from the red panda person, appreciate your awesomeness! (hmmmm, pangolins, there's a new one on me...and what lovely creatures they are upon further searching...) thx again rp!
  • Options
    Horse
    Elephant
    Gorilla
    Brown Bear
    Wolf
  • Options
    Otter
    Chimps/Bonobo (not sure if they are the same or not)
    Tortoise
    Octopus
    The drummer from the Muppets
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Otter

very interesting (newbie), that you mention our closest (non-humyn) relative, the delightful bonobo. fun-loving, peaceful, tropical rainforest dwelling, calm, agile, sun-guided, loving, tactile, sexy, frugivore, small communal tribe member - all of the shared biologically adapted characteristics that many modern industrialized humanoids sadly, seem to have forgotten...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Orangutang
    Ant
    Rhino
    Elephant
    Killer whale
  • Options
    Wolf
    Dog
    Tiger (All Big Cats)
    Gorilla
    Whale
  • Options

thenewbie said:

Otter

very interesting (newbie), that you mention our closest (non-humyn) relative, the delightful bonobo. fun-loving, peaceful, tropical rainforest dwelling, calm, agile, sun-guided, loving, tactile, sexy, frugivore, small communal tribe member - all of the shared biologically adapted characteristics that many modern industrialized humanoids sadly, seem to have forgotten...
    Very True.

The Bonobo is a lover...The chimpanzee, more of a fighter.

They probaly share almost the exact same DNA, but they are different.
  • Options

x5

muppet!;>) actually, that would be a good top 5, favourite muppet character...
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

I’d also like to mention pangolins as too few people know about their plight. Google them, they’re murdered by the thousands as their scales supposedly have restorative qualities. There is nothing I hate more than the ‘traditional medicine’ market.

Bizarrely, as I read your post I was listening to Graham Parker song ''High Horse'' with the following verse;
    ''Now don't sweat the rhino
    With his horn up high
    Or the pangolin or the tsetse fly
    Ignore the marabou stork
    And the laughing hyena
    The scorpion and the
    Ring-tailed lemur
    Yeah there's one creature
    Much worse of course
    Yeah the baddest one
    She is the high horse''
  • Options

having leapt into the 1990's and scored a laptop relatively recently, i am unfamiliar with this shorthand - i presume derogatory, but not sure in what way beds?:>)
  • Options
    Impala
    Emu
    Camel
    Duck (preferably roasted)
    Sheep
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

thenewbie said:

Otter

Very True.

The Bonobo is a lover...The chimpanzee, more of a fighter.

They probaly share almost the exact same DNA, but they are different.
    Anyone seen planet of the apes *mild Spoiler not much*

In that film the bonobo chimp called Kobo is far more agressive than Caeser the chimpanzee.

They portray the exact opposite of the real life characteristics.