Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

films/tv programmes that do actually mention charlton

2»

Comments

• Options
    DA9 said:

Brush strokes, apparently it was the pies that made him support charlton

Frank Skinner likes our pies too - I once had an on screen chat with him from the audience of Fantasy Football League about it...
  • Options
    my dad always tells of a scene in minder, when told that qpr are playing charlton one of the main characters (who's a qpr fan) says "great, we never beat charlton..."
  • Options
    In the book of fever pitch he takes his new girlfriend to the mid-week 2-2 draw with Charlton, March 1989
  • Options
    about 2006 / 2007 time on EastEnders Ben Mitchell was revealed to be a Charlton fan, probably doing it to annoy his Dad Phil Mitchell a West Ham fan
  • Options
    Notes On A Scandal. Judi Dench says her Dad supported Charlton Athletic. "It never brought him any pleasure," her character says.
  • Options
    As an entry for the 'oldest mention' category I think this might do well: 'One of Our Aircraft is Missing' was a 1941 semi-documentary relating the adventures of a downed bomber's crew in occupied Holland. Near the start various bomber crews are in the Mess listening to a match on the radio between the Allied Services and another, un-named team. The Services get a free kick and there is some discussion as to whether Compton or Don Welsh will take it. Compton dummies and Welsh shoots and scores!! Hooray shouts a pilot,' one up to Charlton'.
  • Options
    Airline-See the Sailor Brown thread
  • Options
    Tom Hovi has his own page in IMDB. I bet not many Charlton players have that.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2373249/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t31
  • Options
    Stig said:

Tom Hovi has his own page in IMDB. I bet not many Charlton players have that.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2373249/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t31

Charlton Under 13s while not individually named the squad have a page
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2725118/?ref_=fn_al_nm_5
  • Options
    just been surprised by a couple of interesting "war cup" charlton mentions before a portsmouth game in foyle's war, series 6, episode 2, just over a minute in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hello all fellow Charlton supporters regardless of religion, nationality or gender, ( including those who are not quite sure ), we are all in this together and if you are thinking of quitting, you cant so put on a brave face and take all that is coming to you, it will get better, I claim to know this for a fact as I have been a supporter since 1948. This is my first post on here and could be my last (I am 75), however I am getting my head down and going for the 100 !, I had better get to the point of this discussion although slightly off subject because I cannot remember if the word Charlton was actually mentioned but about 150 BC there was a film called " The Love Match " and I think all of the footy scenes were shot at the Valley, well worth a browse on the Net. Good luck to you all.