Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Friendly at Bromley 2nd August

Forget Pompey, Saturday also sees us take on our true local rivals.

Who’s going along ?
What sort of team are we likely to field here ?
Who will be in charge of the team on the day ?
Where’s the best place to get drunk enough to actually make it through a Charlton reserve team friendly ?

Comments

• Options
    Who's Going Along... Fraid I cant make it
    What sort of Team are we likely to field here... Be surprised if it wasnt much the same as last nights team against Lewes
    Who will be in charge of the Team on the Day... Jason Euell I suspect seeing Peeters.. Matthews etc... will all be in Portsmouth
  • Options
    Where’s the best place to get drunk enough to actually make it through a Charlton reserve team friendly... Portsmouth
  • Options
    There are two decent bars in the ground. Otherwise the nearest place is Bromley Town Centre
  • Options
    1) I am going as can't be bothered to drive to Portsmouth for a PSF.
    2) Everyone who isn't going along to Pompey will be involved.
    3) I'd suspect Jason Euell.
    4) I don't think there's anywhere along Hayes Lane/Bromley Common to drink... The town centre is your best bet.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm going,i'll be in one or both of the two bars.
  • Options
    Been the last 4 years. Nice ground. Will only be 'the kids' and maybe 1-2 first teamers. Shame can't make it this year - on holiday.
  • Options
    I might go.
  • Options
    How much are tickets?
  • Options
    Adults: £10
    Seniors / Students / U16s: £5
    Family Ticket: £15 (One adult and two children)

But the BFC website is saying kids go free as was the case v Swindon's first team last Saturday
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    se9addick said:

Forget Pompey, Saturday also sees us take on our true local rivals.

Who’s going along ? I am
    What sort of team are we likely to field here ? Yoof
    Who will be in charge of the team on the day ? Euell
    Where’s the best place to get drunk enough to actually make it through a Charlton reserve team friendly ? Bricklayers is close(ish) and passable.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

But the BFC website is saying kids go free as was the case v Swindon's first team last Saturday

As I was heading into the Swindon game I overheard something about the free kids only being before 2pm so that might be worth checking.
  • Options

As I was heading into the Swindon game I overheard something about the free kids only being before 2pm so that might be worth checking.
    You're correct about kids going free before 2pm. It's on the OS so it must be true.
  • Options

A sad indictment of the modern world where a Family Ticket consists of 1 adult and 2 children. Is the Bromley FC Marketing Dept trying to cash in on "Weekend Dads"?
    Justice for Fathers must love it!
  • Options
    Would I have to pay £5 for my 1 year old after 2pm?
  • Options

A sad indictment of the modern world where a Family Ticket consists of 1 adult and 2 children. Is the Bromley FC Marketing Dept trying to cash in on "Weekend Dads"?
    Justice for Fathers must love it!
    Football is a good way for fathers to bond with their kids, whilst the missus is out shopping or cleaning the house.......

• Options

Just lob the baby over the fence, I'll catch him/her :-)
  • Options

This is the Bromley friendly, not Welling, that sort of behaviour isn't on there !

Cheers for the info all, haven't been to Bromley's ground before so looking forward to ticking it off of my not-quite-92 list, sounds like the bars at the ground are the place to be.
  • Options
    H

he would genuinely love that!