Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eastbourne Pier on fire

has been going on for a few hours now. Not good to see...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-28571431

Comments

• Can see the smoke from hastings seafront
  • sad. however, when these wonderfully quaint british institutions are temporarily lost, they are always restored, correct, or?
  • What is it with seaside piers burning down. Southend, Brighton and plenty of others, you'd think that with all that water they'd be safe.
  • It's a big case of "OR", Shooters.

• It's all the oil in the wood plus they are full of doughnut stalls, chippies etc

Once they go they go

Hope there is no one injured
  • Stig said:

It's a big case of "OR", Shooters.

'kinell, where/what's that?
  • Stig said:

It's a big case of "OR", Shooters.

'kinell, where/what's that?
    Brighton I'm guessing. But they're meant to be rebuilding it soon... Soon....
  • Cheers Southendaddick, oil in the wood, that makes sense, I hadn't thought of that before. Actually the last time I went on Southend pier I got to the bottom and was surprised to see I guy I used to work with but who'd been retired for a while. His new part time job was to stand on the pier with a hosepipe dousing the wood.
  • Yes, West Pier at Brighton last week.
  • How very sad for Eastbourne.
  • Sponsored links:

• Apparently it started in some wood panelling in the Games Arcade...
  • It's been run down for a while really. Such a shame, just hoping that actually rebuild it.
  • Really sad for the town. Iconic landmark in one of the UK's best seaside towns. My parents will be gutted.
  • My Nan lives just up the road in Hailsham... Hope she wasnt down Eastbourne today
  • Don't believe it, my uni campus is in Eastbourne. No more Atlantis night clubbing then..
  • Stig said:

Yes, West Pier at Brighton last week.

Heard that half of it actually fell into the sea and washed away in February. Will be next to nothing left of West Pier in a few years unfortunately.
  • A case of peer pressure influencing smoking?
  • A case of peer pressure influencing smoking?

A case of not a time to joke.
  • If you can't joke about a pier burning down, what can you joke about?
  • Possible arson attack now
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't believe it, my uni campus is in Eastbourne. No more Atlantis night clubbing then..

Your lucky. All about TJ's
  • Insurance jobs each and every one
    The Weston one being the most blatant.

What is everyone going to do on Wednesday or Saturday nights mate? I very nearly got a flat for next term right next to the pier, lucky I didn't now!